Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Selling Armor or items as a set and set bonuses.

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Link_of_Hyrule, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

After spending forever on this armor I was thinking what if I wanted to sell it and make something else or what if I just wanted to make more to sell to make gold. Right now I'm pretty sure you have to sell each part individually but it would be great if we could sell a container (which we can look in beforehand like in UO) with a whole armor set or with a bunch of different items. It's really meant to be sold as a set together as opposed to one item at a time it would be a shame if someone bought just one part of it and someone wanted the whole set together! Also, idk what they are like right now but it would be good to get different set bonuses instead of just one generic one.

Jivalax Azon, Calusari, Aldo and 4 others like this.
  2. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'll agree on the set bonus bit.

I'm not really sure of the importance of being able to have a an exact set (how would you differentiate 2 identical sets made by the same person?). However, being able to sell packages of goods (or place orders for them) does sound like a great feature.

3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I just mean like a generic set bonus but it would have to be the same but not exact one. For example, if you want it all the items have to be Epic Fustian Cloth Armor or regular Epic Cloth Armor but if you have different pieces from other sets you get a generic bonus but not that sets bonus maybe.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Noric

Noric Avatar

I do agree with you. I was more questioning why it matters so much that a buyer get the whole set. However, I agree that the mechanic to enable it would be good.

5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I'm actually pretty sure that UO also supports armor set bonuses although it may be newer than some mechanics but it was there when I was playing it in high school. I don't disagree that you should have great STR for heavier armor but actually, I think SotA is already doing this. The set bonus isn't adding anything negative just you don't get the unique bonus if the armor set doesn't match. I also kind of feel like certain super high-level armor might need certain skills or requirements to be able to wear it without debuffs. I guess that armor is kind of like that if it's not cloth and a mage wears it.

Moiseyev Trueden and Budner like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

That would discourage mixing armor

7. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Well, that's kind of the point of a set bonus is that you have an entire set so you get a bonus. Honestly the set bonus should be useful but not so useful that you can't mix and match if you really want to.

Moiseyev Trueden, EMPstrike and Noric like this.
  8. Noric

Noric Avatar

It is already discouraged. Ideally a set bonus makes it slightly advantageous to stick to one type while not making hybrids (and their unquantified advantages) totally inviable.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There are already plans, if they havent already been implimented, to get a different armor type bonus for plate, leather, and cloth (avoidance, dodge, and focus regen for example).

Butthe bonuses i believewill be relativly small, but ibelieve it is mostly to keep the "use tunic plus however much platemail possible" from happening.

Right now it seems fizzle rate is the primary governing force of armor decisions, and everyone who isnt heavily reliant on magic wears full bronze epic plate.

10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

All these hats and masks, I have not checked but do they cause the set bonus to disappear? I keep forgetting to check this out.

11. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

No they have the set bonus basically everything adds to the "set bonus".

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.