Selling crafting materials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3dmark, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

I've built up a bit of a collection of wood planks and leather from my gathering in the wild. Is there a way of selling these materials directly to other players, short of meeting them and opening a trade window? I don't have (or want) my own vendor.

My memory is fuzzy, but I think UO allowed vendors to have a consignment option where they would auto-purchase goods from players, and that this was pretty crucial for players with regular suppliers. Is there anything like that in SotA, or a different way of doing things?

Also, what are leather and wood planks going for these days?

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

They have the same thing in SotA. I think you have to look under a player vendor's sell tab to see if they are buying anything.

NRaas and 3dmark like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If you don't have a Vendor of you own you can find a Public Vendor in an NPC town... I'm unsure whether PRTs have Public Vendors, though I know that POTs will not... and consign your goods through those Vendors.

I believe other people selling goods through Player Owned vendors is now supported, but again I'm unsure of that.

There are also, or soon will be, Vendors available to purchase in-game for those that don't have them granted as part of their pledges or bundles.

Stahlknecht, Adam Crow and 3dmark like this.
  4. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

Thanks, very helpful. Between those I'll be able to work something out. I'll never have a big enough operation to be worth running my own vendor, so it's good to have other options.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You are correct about player owned vendors. It is now possible to set up permissions so a player could allow another player to sell items, without putting their own at risk.

I believe you can purchase vendors for 10k gold from the housing merchants in the big cities. They have a fee/tax associated with them tho, and I'm not sure how that works.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Prices are still fluctuating quite a bit, so it's hard to say exactly. Depends a lot on where you are trying to sell stuff. This site will at least give you a pretty good idea of prices at the moment tho.
    http://bmcguild.enjin.com/priceguide

Stahlknecht and 3dmark like this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Public vendors have Buy / Sell tabs also, I find many Purchase orders here... I also put purchase orders on my own vendor (which is free of commission costs)... You can place your own goods on public vendors, and compete with the existing sellers, if you can find a vendor that's not full of items...

You have to think "outside of UO" when pricing your items, otherwise they won't sell, until they're sold to the game at game pricing... If you price your items reasonably, then they sell pretty quick...

Stahlknecht and 3dmark like this.
  8. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Avatar

Which areas right now are best for operating player vendors? Curious where the foot traffic is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.