Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Selling Stackable Items on Player Vendors (A Read)

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Duke Ezekiel Cooper, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

So...

The question was raised the other night in the BMC TS, by a new player (Haus), why NPC vendors have stack of like items and players can drag the amount they want into the buy item box and purchase either 1 or the entire stack, and the same option isn't available on player vendors?

Wouldn't that feature be equally efficient to use on player owned vendors as well and would also open up the limited amount of items that a player can place on their vendors?

I believe this feature would be well received in the community and I implore Portalarium to give it consideration.

Thank you,
    Duke Ezekiel Cooper
    President, BMC

Aartemis, Adam Crow, Pikegirl and 7 others like this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Cool idea! My only concern is it would reduce the ability for bulk selling at a discount. (10 scrolls cheaper than 1 at a time). Unless you also implemented the ability to sell a group of items as a set.... like items in a bag. (Which would also be great for selling armor sets)

Adam Crow and Numa like this.
  3. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

That's a valid reason NOT to implement it... Let me chew on that one a bit... See if there is a work around... You guys help solve this riddle.

4. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

It would be as simple as adding a bulk or individual tick box in the vendor load interface...

5. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Bulk buying is only a matter of perception.

For example..I walk up to a vendor. They are selling:

100 widgets at 10gp each.
    50 widgets at 11gp each.
    10 sets of 10 widgets at 15gp each.

If I only need a few widgets, I will of course buy from the 10gp stack first. Leaving a bunch left at the cheaper price.

Other people will walk up and buy widgets...sooner or later the 100 pile will empty...leaving the 50 pile up.

People will buy from that stack now.

So the end user gets the exact same amount of gold he would have got. The people who come later wont know there was a cheaper stack before..BECAUSE IT IS GONE. You will make the same amount of gold.

Only the vendor knew there was a cheaper stack...and if it gets sold at once or in stages makes no difference to the amount of gold you got.

6. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I believe the idea was the vendors could decide whether to list something as a stack or individual item. So you cod have your stack of 100 be listed individually for 10 gold apeice, and a stack of 100 listed as a stack for 900 gold. Meaning if you bought the cheaper set you would only be able to buy them as a stack of 100 instead of 10 for 9 gold apeice. I think it's a great idea, and would also like to see the ability taken to the buy orders on a vendor. If I need 50 of something I don't care if it's sold to me by 1 person all at one time or 15 people a little at a time so long as I get what I needed.

7. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Correct, but a player that walked up and could not afford to buy the whole stack will buy nothing under the current system. But that same player could buy part of the stack, therefore increasing sales for the merchant.

Of course in the long run, you'd make the same amount of gold in your example. But it would give more opportunities for sales, which in turn would generate more profits if you kept the vendor stocked.

9. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

There is also the fact that under the current system you use up many, many more vendor slots (which are limited) in order to create stacks of different sizes. I would love to have an option to check Stack or Individual price. I would also offer up the idea that stacked or all-in-one pricing was colored differently for easy differential.

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.