Selling

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by High Baron Asguard, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

If you are implementing bazaars how are you going to ensure that having a vendor in your own house is an advantage when a bazaar will have a wider variety of goods than someone's home. Why would you shop at a home?

2. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Vendor malls in UO -ie. large houses with dozens of vendors- didn't stop anyone from shopping at everyone elses vendors around the world (at least in my day, early 2000s)... people will go where the goods they want are and in my experience people tend to be shop-a-holics and will look through every vendor trying to find the best things at the best prices.

Also, not sure if this is still true but in the past they said that bazaars will be limited to certain things depending on the city. It sounded like a "here's what you can sell at this bazaar" type thing. There should not be such a limit on house vendors.

Benefits for the sellers besides that possible limit = bazaars will take more commission than a house vendor (based on what they've said in the past, at least, don't know if that is still true)

Hope that helps (all subject to change) :)

Dargalin likes this.
  3. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

The limits on the bazaars might help but even if commission is more selling through a bazaar it might still be more attractive to use than your own vendor because it has a potential to draw in more people compared to a house so the tax becomes worth it simply to sell which I'm assuming goes against there intention as vendors were a pledge reward

How you fix that? I don't know, the same thing happens in the real world and no one has been able to protect the small businesses from places like Big W so *shrug*

You could have a mark up to ensure that all the bazaars are automatically more expensive than vendors I suppose. Or a limit on how many things you can buy/sell at a bazaar per day, apart from that I can't think of a way to ensure that there is value for money in those vendors

4. Rydel

Rydel Avatar

One possibility I can see, besides a markup, is Vendors having limited storage, while a house vendor has access to all of your house storage. As a result, house vendors would tend to have a larger selection and be less likely to run out of items

5. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

They have said there would be some sort of regional listing of what vendor has what. Not clear if it would be a central purchase location or not, but it seems it would have all the local items, house vendor and bazaar vendor, listed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.