1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

semi-UO Runebook functionality via Utility Bar rows

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ancev, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

So I've seen this in other games I've played where there are multiple 'rows' on the hotbar so you can access more skills. If this was implemented in SOTA perhaps the rows would be restricted similar to the utility bar or maybe the additional rows could be scrolls only, pets only, etc. Based on having multiple rows in the utility bar, I thought it might be cool if we could do something like this:

example utility bar with multiple rows

row 1: default (the way it functions now)
    row 2: scrolls
    row 3: mage pets, taming pets

So what I am thinking - on the 'scrolls' row - I use a Teleport to Zone scroll and drag a location from the Location list onto a slot on the 'scrolls row' on the utility bar.

So the 'scrolls row' might be populated like this:

1 - Teleport to Zone scroll
    2 - Recall scroll
    3 - Teleport to Friend scroll (the first 3 are simply by dragging the scroll itself from your inventory onto the row slot)

4 - Owl's Head (row slots 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 are populated by dragging the location from the zone scroll onto the slot)
    5 - Kingsport
    6 - Player Town
    7 - The Rise
    8 - Blood Bay

A nice finishing touch would be associating custom player town and NPC town icons with the location on the zone scroll so when it is dragged onto the scroll row slot you would see the town's icon. Simply click the icon and it teleports you to the location.

Additionally, if the rows were restricted by scrolls only, pets only, etc it would be nice if the rows could be configured as such - for example I might want more scroll rows, instead of pets.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Added to wishlist database, locking so I know I got to this one. ;)

Cordelayne and Ancev like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.