Sentient NPC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2Reckless, Feb 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Reckless

2Reckless Avatar

Not a new idea, but could an npc be "played" by a dev or something sometimes?

2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

mmmmmm....Matrix Online......

EDIT: After watching the Super Bowl and having more time, I realize that maybe, just maybe, someone of importance might read this and misunderstand or just plain be confused.

For those not knowing what I meant, in Matrix Online (please, forget any problems the game may have had) the Developers regularly played important characters (like Mobeus) in the game during live events. They were a shitfest to be sure (lag, etc.), but the actual implementation/execution was revolutionary. You had Developers playing major characters in the evolving story - and their involvement affected the storyline to some degree.

Yes, there was hella lag in the main areas of the game where, for example, a Developer playing Mobeus or other characters appeared in game, gave missions, and affected the entire storyline.

It was, without a doubt, amazing. And this was circa 2005. It's 2017 now! So, in a roundabout way, the OP is talking about sentience, and I'm relating something that has already been done over 10 years ago. I guess it would be hard to implement for the Developers here, but you never know until you try.

As an aside, @Chris has already been "in game" with others, so really its just a matter of his getting his RP on. :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Ob50l33t likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.