Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Seriously... Master Works Math...

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by 2112Starman, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I just failed 10 out of 15 attempts at 76% master works chance on chain armor. Im sorry man, but this is just ridiculous. I really wish you guys would listen to us on this issue, you are failing your customers on these things because I for one just give the f up on crafting now.

discipleofweb likes this.
  2. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

I love when you harvest a node, for me at 91%, and you fail 2 times in a row then the third is a crit. Happens so often to me lul.

discipleofweb likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

How about they just fix this. Instead of breaking gear, make the enchant pretty bad. This way, I may at least get 2 good ones and sell the piece at a big discount to a newer player.

I have tried to raise enchanting and Masterworks now for 8 months and spent a *lot* of gold on it with little to show as a casual player (except *hours* of wasted time watching things break, hours I dont have). It will take me years to get to the point of our super players who I now *have* to use for my enchants. Luckily my guild has some of these players who are nice enough to do it for the mats alone.

Crafting is clearly a 1% thing in this game per how its designed now.

4. eli

eli Avatar

I have 2 hunches:

• The success chance is not a straight dice roll, but a combination of variables like time of day, weather, celestial alignment, previous recipe, time since attempting recipe, etc. and the stated odds the baseline which gets modified by those factors.
    • The PRNG does not get enough entropy. Annecdotally (GM tailor MW/86 cloth) I have noticed that if you double click the masterwork recipe then only click craft, the success rate is better than if you double click masterwork, drag the chosen item off, and drag your intended item in its place. This takes a lot of inventory management but it works well enough for me to be superstitious about it. I think the extra mouse movements and clicks add entropy. Yesterday I had 11 46% chance masterworks and got 7 out.

5. eli

eli Avatar

also, it is a frustrating math game for sure, and top tier gear has a high barrier to entry.. but that is consistent with the stated intent of top tier crafted equipment having more rarity and power than artifacts.

For instance, as a "1% crafter", for me to make one of the cheapest +11 pieces, gloves. it takes 38k of suet, cotton, and wax to end up with 7 exceptional pair, of which [0-2] will make it out of masterwork + enchanting, even at GM both, and only ~20k of gold/silver ore. for a chest piece, this base material cost is well over 100k, with the diminutive ore cost being identical.

I don't think it is the intent for casual players to be able to bang out top tier equipment, and the market doesn't even support covering the material costs of top tier equipment today, let alone a market flooded with equipment if explosion is removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.