Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Seriously, take cover out of game till its fixed.

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

in the telethon? or in another video chris? gave a explanation with stick... excellent art work if I remember correctly...

they cast a few rays from the player like neck height? at decreasing angles towards the ground. 5 I think was the #? and cover is mathed from that somehow?

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I did not say your hurting the game, I said the cover bug is hurting the game. When a new player comes in and has this happens to them they do not know it is a bug. When it takes them forever to kill something, its very discouraging, and makes them not want to play. I had a new person in the guild realize this is why it took him 5 minutes to kill a simple wolf after I was talking about the cover bug in guild chat.

Yes we are here to help get the game running, but if they cannot figure out what is wrong, why let it persist? You think if a game does not fix its bugs, and lets them persist, people are going to want to play it? Why do you think I reported it? Why do you think I got a dev to come see it happen? Do you really think I do not understand that we are trying to get the game running good and fixed up?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Spinok likes this.
  3. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

ah my bad then we simply have different views on the matter.
    a new player to me is simply a new bug tester, to me there is no game until the game is done. if something is broken don't take it out cause the data from us is what is going to help fix it and simply if people are having a good time or not is purely a bonus.
    testing for bugs used to be something you got paid to do (not supposed to be fun) here we pay to do it and I honestly don't mind, anything I can do to help with the time/money I can spare :)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

YES! Thanks @Graynight!

5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Seems to always work for me... behind a rock, around a corner... behind someone charging ahead... didn't work on preview, but appears to now.

6. Rational

Rational Avatar

I certainly don't disagree with this statement, but the reason cover is not working is a relative position between you and the target. There is no way to acquire the location of the target, so this won't be terribly helpful. It would require a dev to approximate positional data and enemy type from a video to reproduce.

Quenton likes this.
  7. Rational

Rational Avatar

@Chris Based on the video above from the telethon with the 'rays' explanation, I think it might be 'working as intended'. However, evaluating that something's foot and knee are 'covered' by a hump in a hill and giving a damage reduction based on that seems pretty non-intuitive and frustrating. I'm hopefully not aiming at their foot with 105 ranged combat skill and 90 eagle eye. Seeing 'cover', 'cover', 'cover', for my entire rapid fire (8 shots) because their knee has a hill in front of it is insulting - and seeing their fireball literally go through the hill and hit me for 70 when I have 80% fire resistance increases that frustration.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Lord Baldrith like this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

But what I am experiencing is constant cover from every mob, not behind anything, not matter what skill and no matter where they and I am. I have to zone or relog to fix it. Not long till r40 now, I will see if they have something done to fix it by then.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

My feedback is that a garlic node blocked my rapid fire.

Lord Baldrith, Bow Vale and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Be nice if the arrows made a written "sound" like thunk or tink when hitting a tree or rock instead of cover.

If half the body is behind a hill perhaps grey damage numbers vs. CoVeR and then some small damage number.

When I read "cover" "cover" I actually see "placeholder" "placeholder".

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  11. null2

null2 Avatar

@Chris Here is a good spot, fight an earth golem melee here - We are both in the water and I am swinging a sword, but he gets cover every hit
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Area Display Name: Elysium Mines
    Loc: (-40.5, -26.5, 243.5)

It seems to happen often when mobs are standing in front of pillars of rock or lamp posts.

12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This made this whole thread worth reading right here.

We are here to test this!
    But how do we test it if we dont know how its supposed to work?!
    We've never known so why would we know now?!

... lol
    Sorry majora, it needs to be pretty cut and dry on what they want the mechanic to look like, before people can actually *Test* if its working or not. Cant just add a feature and let people guess on how its supposed to work and call that testing =P. Then you end up with bug reports that are *working as intended * and people assuming its supposed to work the way it is, when it isnt =P lol
    Thats not how you *test * things lol

I also think cover is pretty redic. As stated a few posts up.. yea if my knees are coverd im in cover? If a fireball from a mage is coming at me, and i run down the hill, its not a cover shot? but if god forbid he steps behind that 4 leaf stick, or 3 inch rock hes in cover?
    Also why does rend and damage over times trigger cover bonuse? ( hoping thats a known bug ) lol.. Cover is.. a great idea, but if this is working as intended.. they need to work out the kinks.
    Its quite simple to see, play a ranged character in any slightly hilly or anywhere that isnt an open field and you will quite often be saying.. Wha? trying to understand the cover.

Again, like the idea, but it definitly needs work yet. ( ive also had bugs of it having permenent cover on mobs) luckily i just chew through them and move on.

Rational likes this.
  13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

0.o...

some of you need to calm down, lol.

New players aren't just new testers, they are people and they sure could use in game chat warnings about new features that have been flagged as buggy :p

@MrBlight , totally understand your frustration here but aren't you a bit edgier that usual ?

You can't honestly believe your input will be processed within weeks or even a release later ?

Maybe you mean rather you'd have QA server test those features longer before they are released, that is good feedback :p

just calm down please... we all agree the process can be improved upon :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.