Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Serpent Spine Mine - Serious Issues need fixing.

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Gamician, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

There are several issues withe Serpent Spine Mines that in my opinion need serious attention.

First, When you enter Serpent Spine Mine you have to take a mine ore cart from one platform to another. If you are not perfect in your jump timing you get pushed along by the front of the cart. Frequently this results in your Avatar being dumped into the first open space in between the rails. This almost always results in Death and of course lost Experience Points. Having to spend 2 hours killing MOB's because of a missed jump is totally ludicrous. The Ore Carts in Krawl work far better, allowing your Avatar to be pushed along without falling into every hole in between the rails.

Second, When you do reach the platform that takes you down to the underground passages there are additional problems. The first you run in to is the wood walkway falls away as you walk or try to jump to get to the cave entrance. To get more than two people across this fall away walk way is virtually impossible. If you do make it across you end up having to climb up another fall away wooden walkway, again if you are lucky you may get two Avatars up the walkway before it collapses making it virtually impossible for anyone else to follow. I have not tried Blink but again that seems ludicrous to have to have everyone in your party have Blink in order to participate in a group hunt. Either way trying to get a party through this area usually results in several deaths and again loss of Experience Points.

Third. Prior to the changes made to Serpent Spine Mines it was a heavily used mine for extracting Ore. Something a MINE generally would indicate by its very name. Since the change was made, it is my guess that this mine is, well the words infrequently used, would be too high of a number. I would like to see a metric that shows how often the Serpent Spine Mine was used before the change and how much it is used now to mine ore. Not including just traveling through to the underground. In addition how much ore was extracted from this mine before the change and how much is now being extracted now. If those numbers are not available, they should be. How else can you determine if a change is being used by the players? And after all is that not what the game is about, or has that changed to.

Gix, Applerust, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  2. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I have to say I agree! I was really looking forward to fighting mobs underground, doing some mining, and using the underground network to travel from place to place - but now that is totally impossible. An occasional challenging spot is fine, but the way things are set up, there is no way for a group to go through together and lower level players would never even explore such a dangerous place by themselves.

It brings a whole new level of meaning to the phrase "Abandoned mine" . . . !

FrostII and liz_the_wiz like this.
  3. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

I enjoyed the mine overall. Pretty impressive.

Definitely needs more ore. Preferably large amounts in small areas and not scattered all over the place.

Gustach likes this.
  4. scubaman

scubaman Avatar

Its the closest mine to my home and I never use it. Its a nice huge scene that needs tweaking and its resources upped CONSIDERABLY

Gustach and FrostII like this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i think for me the new "mines" are more dungeons than mines. they seem more about mobs and danger (falling, traps, lava) than mine.. Now I get that normally mines wouldnt be abandoned by the humans who started them without good reason (lack of ore, flooding, caveins, etc) but, with the decloning I do hope some mines stay more as mines.. Dont get me wrong I expect things to have taken up residence, but can we please keep at least a few mines as mines.. with like ore ..

Tiina Onir likes this.
  6. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

The mine is really nicely designed. Visually it couldn't be much better. However, either the mines seriously need more ore. Like 50-70% more ore. Orrrr, the mines need to be renamed to Serpent Spine Abandoned Mines and needs more mobs. Either approach would be an improvement to the zone. Personally I think it would be great if the mines had more mobs and more ore. Make it a suitable mine for a group. Group mining is actually fun but it still needs to be worthwhile or no one will do it.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

All the mines seem to have been abandoned, mostly to attacking elves, kobolds, and undead. The problem with that is, I would EXPECT that there is still ore of that is the reason for abandonment.

Honestly, I'd like another level before it broke into the forgotten city. Other then that I don't have a huge design complaint, except for the lack of ore. For mining purposes I don't ever enter Serpent Spine. It's just not worth the effort, there are better places to get most everything here at.

liz_the_wiz and Applerust like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.