service voucher question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malcipher, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

This is a really quick question about the vouchers and more of a confirmation before I do anything.

I am at knight level pledge and have considered melting back my pledge to the edelmann level so as to buy some much wanted add-ons with that said I was told in passing that if I melt back a pledge I would start back at the standard $45 pledge then have to "pay" my way back to where I wanted to be and be subject to the expirations that have already occurred is this how it works (if so I would say screw it and stay at Knight) if not how does it work and who do I contact to do so?

THANK YOU ahead of time

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

3. Selene

Selene Avatar

I know you CAN melt a pledge and turn it into credits with a voucher, but I am not versed on the specifics. You can always send a message to support@portalarium.com before you buy the service voucher with the details of what you want to do, and they will tell you any possible consequences.

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yes, you would have to start back at your standard $45 pledge and use store credits to buy your way back up to Edelmann. I'm not sure about being subject to the expiration of some of those pledges now.

I think @Greyfox had some intel on this. He may know more.

5. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

I'll go ahead and throw a email their way just to see Thank you

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  6. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

ok I'll wait till I hear more on this before I bother PORT thank you all for the timely responses :)

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  7. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I melted a few pledges. You have to buy a service voucher and a new account for each. You lose the melted account.

I melted a few Knight Marshall $1200 pledges. Each took a $25 voucher and I had to buy a new account for any linked to Steam as Steam requires $45 due to their policies.

So each account cost me $25+$45 and gave me 1200 in credits and a new account with the date the new account was purchased. You do get any special rewards and add ons transferred. Such as Hats and Darkstar rewards.

Support was back logged and the process took a while, so do it quick if you plan on making deadlines.

Cordelayne, Time Lord and Malcipher like this.
  8. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

ok so I won't lose any of the earlier rewards like the access to the 5 episodes or not getting a house deed or any of the addons I currently have but it will disconnect from steam and I have to buy with the credits back up to where I want to be plus $45 for the new account to be made? so in total my cost will be the $25 voucher and $45 for the new account.

is this the correct assumption?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

sorry I am really trying to not bone myself I have a high tendency to do this to myself and I tend to do it to myself often so now I'm paranoid LOL

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

If I could bone myself I'd never leave the house. :eek:

11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

So we can't just Melt Knight Marshall to Citizen/Edelmann with $25 voucher?

Time Lord and Malcipher like this.
  12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You lose all rewards based on date of the new pledge. Hats, add on purchases, special rewards transfer.

If you buy the account today you qualify only for the pledge rewards of today. What you want to do really isn't "worth it" in my opinion. Also that tax free lot has more value than anything in the add on store. You need to stay with your current account in my view.

Tax free deeds will be "priceless" once these pledges expire. If anything I would try to buy another tax free deed with another pledge.

I melted my pledges to upgrade an account to RF Duke, otherwise I would have kept those sweet Knight Marshall tax free Town deeds.

If possible consider upgrading from Knight to Knight Marshall. Tax free Town Deed is far superior to anything else and with the 15% a perfect time. I would recommend melting add ons to avoid spending more if that is the only option.

The Knight pledge not very good "value" in my view. (sorry Knights).

I suspect your plan was to melt to Edelmann and buy the add on store Knight house.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  13. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

AND this is where my decision has landed. . . . . THANK YOU ALL I will be staying a knight.

I am SOOOOO very happy I check with all of you before I decided to go for it I am pretty sure I would have cried afterwards

THIS IS THE BEST COMMUNITY I HAVE EVER BEEN A PART OF THANK YOU !!!!!!

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If budget allows, I recommend to go with Knight Marshall.. Better house (IMO) and you get town lot (more lawn space to play with).

15. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

I wanted the Knight Marshall pledge but alas I am poor thus why I was trying to reverse my pledge a bit to get some things I felt would be beneficial to my sanity (i.e. a nice house, like the wizard or kobold village house the unbreakable tools and a few other small things) but that plan has scratched so back to the evil chalkboard to scheme up some money.

Time Lord and SeleneNoctua like this.
  16. Selene

Selene Avatar

The Knight Marshall pledge is not one of the pledges that's expiring in two weeks, so you have some time before July.. or you could set it up on a payment plan to help soften the blow. :)

Time Lord and Malcipher like this.
  17. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

I was on that track (payment plan) till IRL things started happening but right now $4oo in any denomination is still money that could be spent on kids and such, but I digress, Thank you @SeleneNoctua

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Never spend more than your play money.

If you use the 15% sale the upgrade is $340. If you use the 15% and melt some add ons or sell rares even less, if some available.

If not be cool with Knight and earn the rest in game.

19. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

I will agree with this

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol, I knew you were the right guy to ask! Thanks Greyfox! :D

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.