Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Several issues with Practice Dummy

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Sir Leonard, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

11/15/2016 3:55 AM
    Title: Several issues with Practice Dummy [this is a mixed thread. It contains 1 bug (glitch) reported, 1 "nuisance" and 1 feedback suggestions]
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes (it render this decoration simply useless)

Details:
    - First, while crafting, i detected either the Small Bag and Triangle Shield aren't marked properly as "components" for the table, so they appears grayed at the Carpentry Station.
    - Second, it should make a priority to scan for empty bags before moving the containers to the table. I got some reagents in a bag along with some others and the small bag i made specifically for the Dummy. It prioritized picking my other bags, giving me an "error" to empty it first.
    - Third, it looks like the dummy is marked as an NPC, hence it COUNTS toward your total allowed NPCs. This shouldn't be the case i think. Everybody will have some "NPCs" at home, so if this counts towards the limit, i can't see anyone giving up their other MORE USEFULL NPCs to place this as a decoration... even more, when you already have your old summon-anywhere, NPC-free Gustball to train your skills.

Addendum on in-house NPCs: Although devs claim that AI items are costly, i cannot see how "costy" is to keep NPCs that do not move or have any non-trigger behavior (like your vendors). If the AI is the main blocker, you should consider putting a "HasAI" flag on your objects instead of simply denying any NPC from existing beyond the house limit - especially being the non-animated ones. Ah, this also includes the Baron Mirror and other unmoveable "npcs". This should make most of us happy, at least for now, while you cannot increase the limits for good. Thanks.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16320
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.502.Date.11.08.16
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (-7.7, 44.4, 252.3)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  2. hsmckee

hsmckee Avatar

Bug ID37229

Thread Status: