Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Shadow Form spams the error console with ... errors, scene lock

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Fister Magee, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

5/15/2016 10:03 AM
    Title: Shadow Form spams the error console with ... errors
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Cast Shadow form and the scene will eventually lock up. The /debug log starts spamming errors right after this spell is cast. Soon, the scene will lock up in this way: unable to move, attunement numbers reset themselves to 0 eventually on the K screen.
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast Shadow form while the console is open, watch. And lock up eventually. Memory Leak?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz (4) System RAM: 8073
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family GPU RAM: 2130
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.414.Date.05.05.16
    Area: Kingsport
    Loc: (181.1, 25.3, 138.6)

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Cast the spell, until it startsd to error, I am able to make it happen while casting summons for example, and then Shadow Form triggers the errors...

Here is a screenshot of the debug console at the moment it creates this error:
    [​IMG]

***A note about this image: I moved a bit (before I was locked in place) and as you might be able to see, the shimmering translucent effect that shadow form creates has stayed in the original place, and my body has passed it by. It is the strange shape to the right of my character.
    ***Previous to this error, I noticed some errors with summoning a Lich, and you'll see some of those errors directly above the casting of Shadow Form... not sure if it is related, but I am trying to train summoning spells (as shown on my bar) and hit Shadow Form during it also... that is when eventually (not always on first cast) shadow form does its bug.

And clicking on the 'copy to file' button on the debug console:

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I've noticed, once the errors are spamming from a Shadow Form cast, I am able to move around, until I cast a spell, then I'm stuck in place.. I can cast, but not move, even my xp is consumed while casting in this state. fwiw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.