Shady Vale Syndicate, a new SotA guild, looking to hire Graphic Designer!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Kiron Maedun, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

I don't think that just because "The Syndicate" has made a huge name for itself, and been around for as long as they have, etc (I know a lot about them), should eliminate other guilds from using a common word "Syndicate" as part of a guild name in conjunction with other words. The words Syndicate and guild go hand-in-hand in many ways and if it wasn't for the reputation of "The Syndicate" and history they have, the word would probably be being used a LOT more in guild names then it is, but people probably intentionally avoid it simply to not seem like they are trying to copy.

I have an alt merchant guild on LOTRO called the Noble House. I mean if it became really famous, was around for 15 years, had low player loss, Alpha and beta tested games, wrote strategy guides, etc.. I wouldn't expect other guilds to not use the word Noble for example. My 2 cents anyway. Not a dig on The Syndicate, I like em :)

K-mart - Closes.. Wal-mart 24 Hours. Wal-mart Wins :). Growing up as a gamer with the only 24 hour store being a Hooks, when the first Meijers came into our area and I heard they where open 24 hours, I STILL remember the unbelief and joy I felt. It was a dream come true. :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.