Should Benefactors get an equal amount of digital rewards as founders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Macsen, Dec 17, 2013.

?

As a Founder, would you be upset if Benefactors got an equal amount of digital pledge rewards?

1. Yes

35.9%
  2. No

64.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Me too. RG is my hero and I played most of the old Ultima games and UO for 6 years. I consider him a genious at game design and I would have been all over anything he was involved in. I have been waiting for a new good game since UO...playing garbage after garbage...I've never backed a kickstarter...never knew much about that kind of thing...but then found out about this in NOV sadly. I wish I didn't miss the kickstarter as well along with others who posted in this thread.

Some of us are not asking for Founder benefits we are just trying to be a community instead of THEM and US. I get quite tired of the negativity towards benefactors and thus I try to contribute to a thread like this to establish at least some civility. It's really good to hear some positive words from both sides on this thread. I just hope we can all remember why we are here and what we are doing. Man I hate controversy hehe.

Darlok Brimstone and Kuno Brauer like this.
  2. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

I said some missed the opportunity. That means you didn't know about it until too late. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Three categories of people - missed opportunity, didn't take opportunity, took opportunity. Hope that clears it up for you.

3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I wonder if the tables were turned and I was a founder and you were a benefactor I would have this kind of attitude...

Darlok Brimstone, Atlaua and wagram like this.
  4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

No, I do not want anything that is not coming to me, and I finally found the post after much reading, that says the founders get anything the benefactors get, at their tier level. It did take some searching :) for it was in the Dev+ area. Although I do not agree that this is right it is granted to the founders.

Can we get this information on the Pledge Page as to let people know of the tier changes as people will come from the kickstart and still pledge from there.

5. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

It should be equal. Because its all to help development my 1.5+ k should be no less important than anyone else's. Had Richard had an actual commercialization campaign many of us would have gotten on board much sooner I love games but im not or no longer game obsessive like many people ive seen. If you people that put in right away would like the title I win Sota because I donated first or im more important than this guy so be it... Kick starter got it off the ground if that was the extent The game would not be a success.. Things like strech goals that get people like Spoony involved is whats getting the name out there... We want to feel good and stand on a soap box but giving a k is nothing compared to a k of people giving $50 or more. Please Focus on community not on who gets what.

6. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

Yeah, the negativity towards benefactors has to go. People's opinions aren't based on when or how much they pledged.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

If the money is gone (spent), what's the point?

8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

The only way to pledge now is through the front screen and its written right there

to pick a tier at random

Sir Avorin Swftslay likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It does for people with the means. Just like if you gave SotA enough money they'd do whatever you wanted them to do (want to be a super secret founder?!).

10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I realize that, Just wanted a little statement saying the tiers are not the same as the ones on the kickstart page. In haste I "assumed" they were the same when I pledged because I came directly from the kickstart to the pledge page. Yayaya, I know I'm an idiot, but maybe a little note will help the next idiot. :)

11. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

As I said elsewhere, the company has backers. They aren't just making this from the money collected by KS. There is money there. I don't think I would put down as much money as I did for this KS if there wasn't something established behind it. $10 or $20, sure but not much more over that. I save larger investments for established, proven formulas or investments that will make me money.

12. High Baron Asguard

looking around this thread its not the founders who are being hostile, its the benefactors. if there is an US v Them mentality its coming from the late adopters. The whole point seems to be a ***** that how dare someone not be happy with the house that was bought for $750 paid before there WAS a game

LoneStranger and Lord Gréagóir like this.
  13. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I am saddened in a way to see this thread.
    I want to speak as a benefactor. I was not aware of the Kickstarter; found out about this project later via an email from a friend. So I was too late to qualify for Founder rewards, but I really don't care.
    I got on board because I have had such a rich and wonderful experience with the Ultima games, and I wanted to support this enterprise.
    I admire all the Founders who had the faith and courage to support an idea. I could not care less (actually I couldn't give a rat's booty) if someone has more than I do. To me, my contribution is just that - a contribution to a worthy enterprise. If someone came earlier and got a "better" deal, so what? If you buy an airline ticket a year before you want to fly, it's way cheaper than if you front up on the day and want to travel. Life's like that!

I kicked in what I could afford; I care much more about the immersive game experience than "cool stuff", ar what I may have compared to someone else. In fact, after looking at the Lord of the Manor house in R1, I'm really glad I don't have one - I would be so embarrassed because it was so poorly decorated! That's one huge mansion to look after!

Don't want to come across as critical, or telling anyone else what they should think or do. Everyone has a right to their opinion; this is mine.

Mod Edit, language change

14. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

You seem to have a really low opinion of RG. He has far more integrity than you are suggesting.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  15. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Just to add a slightly different perspective...

When the Knight's House thread began, I was not a Knight, and thought there was no way I could become a Knight. I still felt that the Founder's House fell extremely flat compared to the Benefactor's version, and said so. I very much hoped that it would be fixed, for a group I was not a part of.

Since then, I have become a Knight, but only because my spouse gifted the difference for my birthday. It does not, however, affect my opinion either way.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion and your priorities, doesn't mean it's necessarily a problem with feeling entitled.

16. High Baron Asguard

Then weren't you plesently surprised?

To pick another tier which is one of the original ones

from kickstarter

if all you looked at was the front page this is what you would be thinking you got where as from the site

17. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I wish I could. During and after the KS most announcements and communications happened via the Dev Hangouts which were by-weekly back then. We also had a different forum system back then that was awful, and I am not sure how much legacy information made the transition. I would be happy to do some searches, but I doubt I would be more effective than you. I know Dallas was mostly involved in these announcements, but this is the only I have found was related to the tax-free housing after KS.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...eriod-only-dev-replied.1358/page-3#post-16471

I can only recommend combing through the hours of video on Portalarium's YouTube channel, but it is not a simple task. There have been many arguments in the community that could be solved by being able to text search the spoken words in those video. In the early days, I did and posted what I could find with direct time slots, but there is just too much content now.

18. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

I would say you have a case. Start an outcry and demand your money back. I think that is the best you can hope for in this case. If you decide to go that route, I wish you all the best and will be sad to see you go.

Darlok Brimstone likes this.
  19. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

Wasn't directed at you, personally, and isn't limited to this thread either. I'm not a big fan of equality of outcome in any situation.

Darlok Brimstone likes this.
  20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Again thank you, I found the post, it was from Koldar, it is message 124 on this thread :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.