Should Open-PVP be a filter?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Crazy Phil, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

Why is giving people more control over how they play ever a bad idea.

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Your question has nothing to do with my comment. I said nothing about giving people less control over how they play. I said they should not have control over a filter used to sort the players. Selective multiplayer is more than enough.

The server filtering is for the needs of the server. Forcing open PvP to the top of the list does not give players more control and it takes robustness away from the server when it comes to filling an area with like minded players.

Notice I am not saying open PvP should not be a factor. I am saying it should not be set in stone or manipulable by the players. That level of filtering is for the devs.

Roper Docholiday and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Hammershtein

Hammershtein Avatar

hello all i would like to toss out my small debate in this.
    So the way i take it. How the, ill call it (dynamic sorting) works is you get paired with your group that you are grouped with first.
    This starts its way though a cycle of association. So i would guess that if you went to a tournament or other places where its is a for sure pvp zone and you interact with a player you become part of there circle. If you chat to them,(whisper) Trade them. so on.. The more likely you will see them. This system is still very much a work in progress so hard to even try to decide how all that works at this point tho.

as far as a filter So, the way i see it is to me.You break immersion if there is not non pvp players around.
    When you are at a bar in real life and some guy gets stupid drunk. You happen to say hi to his wife, He decided to grab his bottle and hit u over the head do all of a sudden all the patrons around disappear.
    I know this is a game not RL but thats the immersion. Even if its PVP-RP some times some players want to do that and to have players around that are just by standers. not to mention with out just random players around its hard to Play cat and mouse when you go to a zone and know with out a doubt that every one there is a pvp active player.

Really if it was up to me i think There should be no Name plates at all. I think the Name plates in my opinion break the hole idea where there is a chat style npc interaction. I mean why wouldn't players also say /wave "Hello my name is Lord Hammershtein, I am known for drinking **** tons of beer! in this kingdom". "What's you're name?" I mean thats what social is right? I would def remember some one a hole heck of alot more if i actually talked to them personally then if i just said" ug thanks for the trade who ever you were". :/

lol i ranted long enough Back to Beer drinking and reading!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.