Shrines, Blessings and Adventurer Level

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Bryce Pallaton, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

There are a number of devotional shrines and quite a few blessing puzzle quests scattered about. Both shrines and blessings are buffs that last quite a while.

For the most part, I feel a player can look at the buff and determine which "seems good" for their character at that time. The health per second and focus per second shrines are common favorites, as are the +Strength, Intelligence, and Dexterity, at least where combat is concerned.

But I recently discovered both shrines and blessings that add +Adventurer Level.

I had thought that Adventurer Level was simply a graduated measurement of the amount of XP your character has accumulated. If that were true, then it's just a display property and adding to it for a few hours would not help you in any way.

I dug up this 2-year-old post: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...what-does-adventurer-level-actually-do.91848/

I'm not sure if it's accurate anymore. I expect things have changed, as it reads like things were changing even as that post was written.

What does Adventurer Level do for you? Is it helpful to have a buff that's +4, 5, or 9 (both together)? How would it compare to other buffs, like +5 Strength? Or is it a legacy of a bygone era, best ignored?

Gravidy likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This is a question that is asked every so often, and the miss-information is HUGE around this topic.

Things that are affected by your Adventurer Level :
    • Max HP
    • Max Focus
    • Max Carry Weight
    • HP Regen (since your regen is a % of your max HP, it goes up a bit)
    • Focus Regen (same as above)
    Things that are NOT affected by your Adventurer Level :
    • Damage (You have more experience spent in skills, that's it)
    • Accuracy (Lower level monsters have less dexterity, thus are easier to hit. Fight a yellow monster, then fight the same monster when it turns green, without spending ANY experience AT ALL, or changing gear, basically recreate the same exact scenario simply with the color change, and the outcome will be the same)
    • Damage received (once again, a green monster is weaker by default. Reproduce the same scenario as above, and the outcome will be the same)
    • Any other combat mechanic you can think of.
    I have not found the Adventurer Level buffs to be worth more than Focus Regen buffs or other ones, but some people love the placebo effect it offers, and take those above all else.

3. Nick

Nick Avatar

So it doesn't lower the frequency of being hit by mobs?

@Violette Dyonisys, Mind if I use the info to publish as a book to sell?

4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

That would be great, it was a very helpful explanation. I was kind of confused by it until I read that. Thanks!!

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Go ahead! The more people who spread the right info, better it will be!

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

But give me a copy :p

7. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

Thanks for setting this straight! I wish this information was included in the Player's Guide (believe it or don't, I checked there first!).

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.