Shroud Of The Avatar and Ultima Online

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Lord Xabaras The Dark, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Xabaras The Dark

Lord Xabaras The Dark Avatar

Hi guys, there are big differences between Ultima Online and sota?
    I love UO and i still play in a free shard... at the moment i think that the nearest game to UO is that...
    There are quests? are this quests inevitable?
    There is a lawless zone like Fellucca?
    There is a taming skill?

Tnx for the answers and sorry for my bad english

2. Alayth

Alayth Avatar

That's sort of up for debate. Think of this as a spiritual successor to UO and the single-player Ultimas, and you're probably closer to the mark than just thinking of this as a new UO.
    My understanding is that there will be main storyline quests, and lots of other optional side-quests. I don't think there will be any requirement that you do any of the quests to access any particular areas, but that's just my guess, there isn't that much known about how this will work.
    We don't have many details about PvP yet, but there definitely will be PvP, and there will almost certainly be some areas that are "lawless" like Fellucca, but not a whole separate world. We don't know how common these areas will be, or what the more general rules for PvP will be.
    Yes.

3. smack

smack Avatar

Yes, there will be quests. We haven't been given any other detail around quest design.
    There are no separate shards or servers. SotA is one big persistent world with selective multiplayer logic. The details around PvP, thievery, subterfuge, etc. have not yet been published.
    Yes, there is a taming skill. You can read more about it here.

4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

This game really has about as much to do with UO as any game made by anyone in the last 15 years. UO servers as some inspiration, but so do hundreds of other games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.