Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Siege tooltips and loading screens

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Quenton, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I was trying to deliver some mail from Owl's Head to Elad's Lighthouse, and I looked up the directions on sotamap (externally; I don't think you can search for a location using the map in-game), and it looked like one of the boats outside Kingsport would take me directly there.

At Kingsport, there were 3 boats. The tooltip for one was marked "Novia" which I know from experience goes to Brittany's shores, and two others marked "Under Siege" or something like that, something about a siege.

I have no idea where those two go, until I sail to them, which is a loading screen in and a loading screen out after I realise it's not the right spot. In this case, neither of them were the right spot - I misread the map somehow.

So I've been through 4 loading screens, I have to go to back to Novia (I think this was another loading screen) and then I had to walk around the area hovering every tooltip on every boat to try and find the right one, which ended up not really being near that area at all - it was closer to Paxlair than Britanny (or the Kingsport boats).

Sorry - I digress, the real issue was that boats to places under siege have to say where they're going to, not just "Under Siege".

Loading screens are the #1 cause of me wanting to log off and not load up again until I forget how bad they are.

3devious and MrBlight like this.
  2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Check SotaMap and you will see anchors at the end of each boat's journey.
    Click on the anchor or hover over it and you can see where it goes.
    Elad's Lighthouse is on Spindrift Island. The boat for that is near Pax Lair.

3devious likes this.
  3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I didn't know about hovering over anchors, but there are a ton of boats along Britanny's shores which aren't listed there, and there are 3 boats at Kingsport, only one of which is listed.

I followed the dotted line from Kingsport to the anchor between Britanny and Elad's Lighthouse (closer to Elad's than Britanny), and it was obviously the wrong one. Hovering over the anchors wouldn't have helped because it just says Novia - Hidden Vale, which is accurate to both.

MrBlight likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

Boats shouldn't be labeled with "Novia" either; they should have whatever city those boats go to.

Quenton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.