Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sieges

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Sieges within towns would be fine.

It would probably have its own issues (like trying to talk to a merchant or trainer, or doing crafting - and then being attacked by a cabalist and being stuck in an in-game UI, or being pulled out of it with whoknowswhatkindofconsequences), but that would at least remove those dreaded loading screens/time wasting runs.

Obviously this isn't feasable since it would be an enormous amount of work to add siege "happenings" into every scene manually.

2. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

well, i do not know how the game mecanics works for spawning, maybe having in any POT map spawn spots that only activate after an amount of time if the siege have not been stopped ? I am not speaking of cabalists, these guys are tough and in some cases towns with few residents would be invaded for ever without allowing the few living citizens to access their home (there is still teleport though). Maybe also mobs that do not respawn ?

3. Miraya Jerre

Miraya Jerre Avatar

As a new-since-the-wipe player (played R17-18-ish, then left for a while and just came back a couple weeks ago), I utterly hate everything about how sieges currently function.
    1. To the folks who say you can run through at level 1... not always. There's still enemies on the skip path, and though they're weaker than the siege path, they still do enough damage to threaten the lowest level players. There have been times that I've only made it through because I was spamming Healing Touch and potions as I ran.
    2. The siege path enemies are ridiculously overpowered, in relation to the tier of the zone. I'm now adventure level 41 and still the enemies in tier 2 sieges show as red to me and kill me in a very small number of hits whenever I decide to see if I've leveled up enough yet.
    3. If ANY of what the OP wants came to pass (other than the last point, and the devotionals thing), and a town I needed to visit was under siege, I would log out and do something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.