Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Signpost Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Graynight, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Couple of things for the Signposts.

1 - Would it be possible to give them a light of some sort? The only reason I found it (in the dark) was that it had appeared nearly on a streetlamp that I had already placed.

2 - Please allow us to rename the locations. "Town Boundary 1,2,3" isn't very descriptive. I would rather be able to put "Main Entrance" on one.

3 - Can you make it so Governors can shut off specific Transports? I know a lot of Governors have areas in their town that has nothing around it....

ShadeObscura likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Visually, the goal was for these signposts to be just another subtle decoration. We didn't want to call too much attention to them. But, adding some kind of light is an interesting idea and I'll chat it over with the team when I get back to work.
    The names of the locations on the signpost destinations are shared for all POTs that use that biome template. For example, every POT that uses the Forest 02 POT template shares the same signposts. Also, the signpost names are purposefully identical the ones used by the alternate spawn-in locations that POT governors can pick. The signposts use our basic teleporter system with no new tech, so there's no way to rename them, or to toggle them off/on (because that would require new tech).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.