Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Silent Movement Visuals

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Vladimir2, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladimir2

Vladimir2 Avatar

I was recently playing around with the silent movement ability.

It appears that even when stealth, if i have my weapons (that are fire enchanted or have light,) out that even if i'm stealth, My weapons can be seen. I feel that could pose to be a problem because it further limits the equipment that i can have because if i want to run around stealth with my weapons out, i'll be seen by players.
    I was just wondering if that was intentional or what is the plan with that? because i feel it can make things a bit more difficult once i get into pvp or other players that do something similar to what i do.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is actually by design. :) The dichotomous desire to be both stealthy, but wielding a light-producing weapon. For the purposes of immersion, it was decided to keep this system the way it currently works.

CrazyPhil, marthos and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Vladimir2

Vladimir2 Avatar

Could it be possible to have some way of getting rid of said enchantments so that they would no longer produce light? (i'm aware there isnt now, but what about for the future??)
    Only reason i ask that is because i have the sword of Ba'heers of light, and i have a fire enchanted sword, but i bought them because smithing isn't my thing. So if there were a way for me to get my weapons even with those lights, and remove them. I feel that could be rather cool.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's possible we might investigate this idea further down the road. Thank you for the feedback!

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I bought myself some unenchanted longwords of greater haste... specifically because they don't glow. I like that the glowing magical weapons have this 'problem'.. it's realistic.

Alley Oop and smccauley2 like this.
  6. Vladimir2

Vladimir2 Avatar

I see why it adds more realism. and i think its awesome! I honestly love it because it does require a bit more thought putting into your weapons, just was hoping for a way to deactivate or take out said enchantments xD. if not. i'll work around it. but it could be fun and helpful. (i want my sword of Ba'heers without the light part :D. Its a strong sword..)

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Currently there is no way to remove the gem enchantement.. so you can either make your own, and NOT enchant it with a gem (its a very specific process, last step, skip it) or buying one that isn't enchanted from someone else.. most people tend to enchant it with a gem before selling though..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.