Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Single player online vs Multiplayer online

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by jschoice, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

This is the first release I decided to play single player online to level my avatar and farm materials. Let me say that I play these games because I enjoy interacting with people and I hardly ever finish a singl player game no matter how good the story or game death is.

Unless I am missing something in terms of respawn rate of resources it does not make sense to compete for resources in multiplayer when you can gather resources with no competition in single player online.

I am curious to see how this effects the economy as resources will be plentiful. Other than giving a player who wants to play solo the opportunity to buy from player owned vendors what is the purpose of this option from the developers stand point. I prefer to play multiplayer but from a in game business perspective I would play single player online to gather all my resources which limits player interaction in multiplayer online.

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

In some cases, water buffalo for example, multiplayer is beneficial. In others, Lemmings for example, it isn't. In this case, tearing away from the group for a time is a great benefit where resource gathering is concerned. Resource availability is a driver to both single player online and PVP.

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

In my experience this weekend with SPO, I found that I seem to be still in with others and not in a 'single' instance. Bodies still line up on the ground, resources disappear sometimes, etc. But I cannot see anyone else which I must say was somewhat nice.
    Not totally sure how it is working now, but I got bumped by the network several times while in SPO, so there is a definite link, just how deep?

4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Wasn't there some mention by the devs that SPOn will share resources with MMO side eventually so that even if you are in SPOn you won't necessarily have more resources - or something like that?:confused:

jschoice likes this.
  5. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

If that will be the case I love that idea. I figured that if you can buy off player vendors in SPO they could do the same with resources.

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That sounds like it is working as intended then.

You are still linked to the Portalarium servers when in Single-Player Online.

All your in-game actions are authenticated by the servers, so you are indeed playing a fully online game, simply with no other people visible. :)

7. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

It's definitely odd. Can't say I'm a fan.

Buggy too. I "see" players spam when zoning even in SPO mode.

I do not believe resources are in line in each either. Based on personal testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.