Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skeleton mage returns to life without lich's help

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Elwyn, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

1/6/2016 2:57 PM
    Title: Skeleton mage returns to life without lich's help
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? no
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16266
    GPU: NVIDIA NVS 4200M GPU RAM: 2258
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.364.Date.12.28.15
    Area: Obsidian_Keep
    Loc: (336.0, 60.3, 208.6)

Details:
    This is the first time I've been here, so I don't know how intended the behavior is now that we have the new back-to-life behavior, but the Skeleton Mage and Skeleton Archer here are forcibly respawned shortly after death.

At first I thought it was because of the Lich Fighter (I thought the new skeleton behavior required a skeleton or lich mage, but I'm okay with a "fighter" doing that), but even after killing the Skeleton Mage, they still quickly respawn after death.

The Lich Fighter and the other skeletons nearby seem to stay dead like they should.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Kill Lich Fighter, Kill Skeleton Mage, wait a few seconds, Skeleton Mage corpse disappears and Skeleton Mage respawns.

Maybe it was intended behavior when new, but maybe it needs to be reviewed? No other skeletons that I have encountered work this way.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Elwyn This is quite odd. I observed similar behavior, but with the archers instead of the mage. Not quite certain what the behavior is in this area, because they shouldn't be despawning/respawning rapidly, even with the new system. Bug entered.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

For me it was one archer and one mage, but I was treating the mage special because theoretically it could raise the archer.

They never reached loot phase, they just immediately de-spawned, though I think there was also the red outline delay time.

Maybe their loot tables are broken and they have no loot?

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's possible there's a spawn expectation in the scene saying "spawn up to x" and if those skeletons don't have loot tables, they would despawn immediately and respawn. This seems odd as they are basically spawning prefabs that should all have links to the same loot table. Escalated the issue to the team to investigate and resolve. Has this behavior been observed anywhere else? This is the first spot I've seen it at.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Ditto for me. It took me a few times of killing them to even realize what was happening. Then I thought it must've been something special about the lich and killed him, but the skeletons kept respawning without even being lootable. Never seen it anywhere else before.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Elwyn Keep an eye on your XP pool. A lot of those skellies that can be rezz'd aren't giving xp either. I'm just avoiding all Skeletons right now.

Just a heads up. Its already been bug reported, but I didn't want ya killing stuff and not getting the xp for it! :)

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If I'm killing skeletons it's probably for rusty weapons, not XP.

At AL54, skeletons aren't really XP fodder anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.