Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skill and Experience Training Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Weins201, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

How about when we gain levels we get points in the Trees we used?

So I am out fighting in Heavy Armor I gain a level and wala I get Skill points but now instead of 2 to place anywhere I get 2 - 5 in each of the skill trees I was using at the time I gained the level?

So Heavy Armor / Swords / Tactics / now I was using a few spells so I get 2 points to throw in Margery.

Now these points are now in those skill trees they are locked in those trees and cannot be moved out of them, they can be used in the tree at will but not move Swords to Bludgeon ??

The points in Margery can be place where I want but once in a tree they are locked in those trees ?

If I was a mage the schools use would get the majority of points and some in general to be used and can be compiled so in the long run I could expand to another tree?

2. bloocow

bloocow Avatar

While this would be more "logical" & "real life", it can also be a turn off, especially for those of us who have little time. Because maybe after 50 hours of being a swordsman, maybe I want to try using polearms, but I need to invest another 50 hours to do that. 50 hours is like 20 days of game play for me if I'm lucky. I want my games to be entertaining, not tedious work. I do tedious work in real life daily.

Heradite, kristen.maxwell and Leos like this.
  3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

You should be able to right click the skill to untrain it (given you have the gold to pay the skill trainer).

4. kristen.maxwell

kristen.maxwell Avatar

frankly, requiring trainers for ANY skill increases is hugely disappointing. It's like a mindset where you can't learn anything outside of school. So you fought and killed 20 beasts all on your own, but you are not any better with your sword until you pay someone to tell you "hey, try swinging it HARDER!" ??? It also adds to the backtracking slog of having to walk all over the damn world fulfilling bureaucratic chores when what you'd rather be doing is more dungeon crawling.

this is why i don't like MMOs. there seems to be way too much focus on making players WORK, instead of enjoying themselves.

5. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I think that there should be a mix:
    [*] The FIRST time you want to learn a skill, you either need a scroll or you need to visit a skill trainer 'cause obviously, it's the first time you're doing it so you need to learn somehow. This is the "easy" way.
    [*] The "hard" way to get that skill is trial and error. You invest a point in it but instead of having the skill point be "1" it's actually "0.5" or something and the more you use it, the closer it gets to "1". This is for the RP people who want to "self-train" their characters. They get a small bonus for doing this.
    [*]After the first time, just allow people to invest into the skill anywhere they are. There is no reason to go back to the skill trainer.

The OP's system is therefore worked in but you can still switch builds or whatever.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

posts is about trainin g skills not Skill trainer plesase stay on topic

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yes that is right sorry you would not train what you wanted to use but this is exactly why skill specific traini is needed, so you CANNOT just flip flop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.