Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Skills Progress Bar" - ability to manually add a skill & show training status

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Rinaldi, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Love the new "skills bar" at the right of the screen. But as far as I can tell, SOTA automatically adds the skills that appear there. I would like to manually select which skills that I see in the skills bar, and have not been able to figure out a way to do that. Perhaps we could have an option from the skills dialogue window:
    1) Right click the skill and select "pin to skills bar", or
    2) Drag and drop the skill icon to the skills bar.

[​IMG]

Also would be nice to be able to equip more than one ring (perhaps one on the right hand and one on he left hand).

[​IMG]

Loving the game so far, keep up the good work!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Lord Baldrith, Leelu, FrostII and 8 others like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Or double click would be nice too

Rinaldi, Leelu, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Also would like this in the skills bar: Indicator of what training state the skill is in.

As it stands now, the skills bar only shows the training state if you actually gain or lose a level during game play, in which case a red "-1" (lost a level) or green "+1" (gained a level) is shown to the left of the icon. However, there is no status indicator for skills that have not gained/lost a level, nor an indicator for skills that are maintaining or not training.
    [​IMG]

Two potential options are shown below:
    1) Add color to the numbers on the left hand side of the icon that indicate the training state. When you have not gained/lost levels during the current game session, you could have a colored "Zero" to the left that indicates the training state: red zero = unlearning, green zero = training, brown zero = skill is maintaining. For skills not training: White dash (or white zero) = not training (see pic on left).
    2) Add the indicator icon to the icons on the skill bar (pic on right)

[​IMG]

It would be nice to show the training status on the window that pops up when hovering over the icon also.

[​IMG]

Just some tweaks that I think would be nice to have:D

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Mata, Leelu, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  4. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

This is brilliant! Well done. :)

Sure... but why Backpack when we could really use a Face slot for separating helmets and masks, hats and goggles, crowns and smoking pipes? ;)

Mata, Time Lord, Rinaldi and 2 others like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok, thanks @Rinaldi for this suggestions to the dev's. :)
    Now I can check that one off my list of requests.
    I had already taken the same screenshots and was going to post later requesting exactly what you requested.

A lot of us have been asking for the ability to "resize" the skill tree window, so we could watch progression while out fighting.
    This new solution is even better than that !

As Rinaldi noted, we currently have no control over which glyphs appear (they magically appear once you have gained or lost a level).
    Since you dev's have already used your "magic" to have the individual glyphs separated from the tree and placed on the game screen, it should be fairly easy to give US the ability to pull them out "individually" as we wish.

Dev's : I really hope you'll do this......

Oh, and congratulations Rinaldi on your mining skills (wish I had them at your levels)... ;)

6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I really did not think too carefully about the extra slot, so I just put a backpack there.

To take your idea one step further, I think it would very cool to have a "head" slot that expanded to show additional slots for:
    1) Face - mask, scarf, face paint
    2) eyes - goggles, glasses, monocles, eye patch
    3) Head - hats, helms,
    4) Mouth - smoking pipe, musical instruments (kazoo, fife, jew's harp, etc), whistle (I think this should not be a necklace)
    5) Ears - ear rings, ear trumpet, ear muffs

Well, that may make things to complex...but why not dream big! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.