Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skin Tones Side-By-Side Comparison Male/Female New/Old (With Pictures)

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Lord Andernut, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I've been having a bit of an issue with skin tones. Especially on the new male avatar model. There are three distinct tones with slight variations on each, additionally the new and old skin-tones do not match up. This is a low-tech (mspaint) comparison.

The current skin tone selection bar seems to have very little to do with the skin tones the avatar on the right ends up with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS> A Skintone Slider would be lovely!

Specifically for me, I'm looking for a skin tone between 3 and 4 for the male as it goes from really bright to very dark (in my opinion, and on my screen), there was a skin-tone before we went to the new model that I used to select.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Looks like it might be gradient vector issue. The color wheel is not always forgiving. Since we are outlanders, I would like to see some blues, green, and golden. I love variety.;)

Vixon, Ice Queen and Marcus Antoninus like this.
  3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

yea the skin shades are a tad odd.

Marcus Antoninus and Leelu like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Is it just me or the darker skin swatch for men are more for Orks?

Spoon and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Some of the skin tones look very unnatural IMO and I don't mean that in a good way. I hope to see more Asian or African looking models because seeing a model that's just a caucasian model with black skin looks pretty terrible. It actually wouldn't be such a bad thing to have a few default settings for the Avatar that we can pick from and then adjust further so our character can be more Asian or African looking right off the bat if that's what we are going for. I do think the new Avatar is mostly an improvement but really we need more variety because at this point even with the highest or lowest settings everyone looks exactly the same. I hope some day we can have the kind of character creation that Phantasy Online 2 has which is crazy intricate and customizable down to the tiniest detail allowing characters that look exactly like real people or characters.

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

Part of this might also be the lighting in the character design screen..I seem to remember someone (Starr, maybe) saying that the character design screen doesn't have very good lighting to tell shades compared to how things look in the actual game.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  7. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

just on a side note the butt for the male character does not look good especially if the character is extremely fit so it needs some work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.