Slightly confused original KS backer

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Intrinsic, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intrinsic

Intrinsic Avatar

Hey all,

So i was one of the Second Responders but this is the 1st time i'm going to check the game out as i've seen all the updates flowing in about choosing plots of land etc and afraid i may miss out on something, but am i even entitled to anything like that at my tier level? i tried to search to find out but i'm still unsure.

On my Pledges tab i have: Royal Founder Second Responder and Alienware Starter Pledge.

Under addons is listed: Darkstarr Emote Reward (digital) & Rocket Fireworks 45-Piece Portalarium Gift (digital)

Any guidance would be very much appreciate, apologies if these are repeat questions.

Your slightly confused,

Intrinsic

Edit: I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

2. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

1. Look at "Second Responder" pledge at below URL
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35139
    You are entitled to those items, however it does not include any lot deeds.

2. For a lot deed, you need to either:
    - Upgrade your pledge to Ancestor ($275) or higher
    - Purchase Add-on store bundle with Tax Free lots
    - Purchase lot deeds on the Add-on store.
    See "Property Deeds" at below page for the kind of lot deed you can obtain through pledges (second lot deeds for Lord and above is expired)
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Benefactor_Pledge_Rewards

3. In order to qualify for the land rush, I believe you need pledge upgrade (bundles and lot deeds purchased separately do not qualify for the early lot selection).
    For schedule of the lot selection, see below
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/final-wipe-and-lot-selection.44430/

FrostII, Acred and Intrinsic like this.
  3. Intrinsic

Intrinsic Avatar

Thanks for the reply John, i understand now.

FrostII, enderandrew and Acred like this.
  4. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm a Royal Founder ("Royal Artisan") and I want in on the land rush. All I would need to do is upgrade my pledge to an Ancestor or higher and I'm good or would I need to do something else as well? If I did it today would I still be eligible for the land rush? Thanks!

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to both @jtodap and @Intrinsic

It looks like neither of you have lot deeds. You'd have to upgrade to Ancestor to be part of the land rush and get a guaranteed tax free lot deed.

If you can't or don't want to open your wallet, there will be lots remaining after the land rush that you can try to get with in game gold. So playing now and saving up gold would be your best approach. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Intrinsic and FrostII like this.
  6. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

Thanks! I don't mind upgrading to at least an Ancestor, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't late on being eligible for the land rush even if I upgraded my pledge! Thanks for the clarification!

7. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

Even if you upgrade your pledge, you will have to wait at least two weeks before you can place your lot (see land rush schedule).
    Also, if your pledge does not include "Episode 1" (Anything Below Adventurer $45), you will not be eligible to play once the game launches at the end of this year.

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The First Responders and Second Responders were below the $45 tier, but they received Episode 1 for a discounted rate for pledging right away on day 1 of the Kickstarter.

I briefly had one of those tiers on day 1 of the Kickstarter, but upgraded to a higher tier.

Really, anything above the $10 guilt pledge has the game. @Intrinsic should be able to play now, and at launch.

Intrinsic, FrostII and John Markus like this.
  9. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

I have another question : I pledged up to an Ancestor so I can be a part of the land rush, now I just don't want to wait. If I pledge upgrade to a pledge level who's lot selection has already begun, would I be able to select a lot instantly (once I've claimed my deed award at the bank)? Thanks!

Acred likes this.
  10. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

You would not get a house if you upgraded now, just the lot. An Ancestor Row lot comes with a house already on it however. If you pledged up to a higher tier that has already had their lot placement, yes you could place your lot right away.

Acred likes this.
  11. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

Ah sorry thats what I meant, being able to place my lot. I appreciate the clarification and answer. Thanks!~

Acred and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  12. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

So,I upgraded my pledge to Edelmann and wanted to claim a lot but I had already claimed my rewards for a row lot as an Ancestor. How do I get my Village Deed so I can get the property I'm eyeing? Many thanks!

Acred likes this.
  13. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

I would assume that you go to the bank in game and click "claim rewards". You should get your new village deed. Worked for me when I upgraded my pledge - mind you I upgraded before my lot selection window opened. I would assume that that wouldn't make a difference though :)

Also, in the bank after you have claimed rewards you'll want to scroll down to the "T" section and look for "tax free village lot deed"

Acred likes this.
  14. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

yeah, I tried doing that. When I go to my account, it def says I'm at the Edelmann level and that my lot selection window has already started. what a bummer hopefully no one takes the lot I'm eyeing. Any other ideas?

Acred likes this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Press the U key to open the lot page. Is there an "Upgrade" button? If so, press it and maybe then your lot will be upgraded in place?

Acred and enderandrew like this.
  16. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

Is there customer support available that might be able to help me before the next pledge level land rush open up in a couple hours? I still don't see a way to upgrade me deed. Pressed U, see my deed which is a row lot deed, no Upgrade button. Account says Edelmann, land rush selection time is updated and has past so I should be good. Frustrated. Thanks!

Acred likes this.
  17. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don't think you will reach customer support on the weekend. If you upgraded your pledge to Edelmann, you SHOULD have an upgrade option when you go to the deed menu ("U").

If I were you, I would do the following: Log out. Log back in. Press "U". If there is still no upgrade option for your row lot deed, go to bank and click the Claim rewards button again. Press "U" again. If it still doesn't work, you might be looking at a bug :-(

Acred likes this.
  18. jtodap

jtodap Avatar

Yeah I did all those things. What a bummer. Is there customer support though? I still haven't been able to find info on it.

Acred likes this.
  19. MeddlingMonk

MeddlingMonk Avatar

Or go see Hector LeMans. I hear he's selling Double-Ns.

(Let's see how many people that confuses. ;) )

20. Acred

Acred Avatar

You could explain what you have already tried to get the upgraded deed, @jtodap , to support@portalarium.com but this is the weekend. It could be that there only will be a real human looking at it on a work day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.