Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Slugs, slugs and more slugs

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Kerowynn MacAoidh, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerowynn MacAoidh

Kerowynn MacAoidh Avatar

I have 53 skills in my deck but I'm getting 2-4 Slugs showing up all at once during combat. What's happening here?

Montaigne and By Tor [MGT] like this.
  2. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

From the patch notes:
    Fixed bug where when you would create a deck and drag the skills into the abilities bar, then remove the skill out of the bar, it would stay in your deck counting towards the total glyph count. Now glyphs that cannot be drawn to any slot become slugs. They turn grey in the deck list and “(Slug)” is appended to their name. The tooltip for these glyphs explains why they are a slug. The tooltip for the slugs (drawn in combat) also explains why the slug exists.
    ~~~

Pressing "Y" to access your deck:
    If you have locked glyphs you don't need to drag them to the panel on the right. You can remove all the copies that are labelled as "Slug".

Chatele and Kerowynn MacAoidh like this.
  3. Kerowynn MacAoidh

Kerowynn MacAoidh Avatar

Looking at my list, it had Healing Touch, pots and Soul tap listed as slugs and the slugs were showing up on the combat (left) side of my bar. I use the right side for heals etc and lock them. Anyway, removed, re-added. Hopefully that works. This is what I get for not keeping up for a week, confusion! :))

4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

-1 for this change. I was going to post something myself but found this thread.

We already have to spend a LOT of xp moving up skill trees. We don't necessarily want to have to use every glyph we level in. Why punish the player for leveling up and not using every glyph by throwing in the "slug system"? I don't want to have to lock my deck and suffer the x2 focus penalty - and I like combos - but slugs are for the birds.

Chatele and Montaigne like this.
  5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

It's only glyphs that you move from the left side (full list) to the right 'deck' side that count.

This is solely to remedy an exploit of sorts. No one ever had to make a slug deck, all you had to do was add any unused glyph to make 18.

No requirement to actually add that glyph to the bottom. This now requires all deck glyphs to have a draw slot assigned at the bottom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.