Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Slugs

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Beaumaris, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Trying to take a new player perspective this release and having my wife look over my shoulder:

It is not clear to a new player heading out for the first time what a "slug" is nor what to do about it.

As a new range character, I bought a sword skill, added it to my deck, and then went out to fight. Of course I got a slug most of the time instead of that sword skill, which was in its own slot. And much of my early moments of experience where looking at a slug icon rather than a skill.

A new player would be saying, huh?

Hovering the mouse over the slug glyph image told me that my deck was too small or some similar message that was way too arcane for a new player who may not even know what that means or what to do about it. The game should be more clear about this with its mouse overs rather than rely on pop up hints, IMHO, if there is one for this.

Nhili Dragon, Budner and Tahru like this.
  2. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

I still think Slugs should be returned to something similar to their R8 design... "Slugs are a basic attack that does a small amount of damage. It’s not so much a penalty, but you don’t really want them in your deck if you have something else to use."

This way you can discard them or use them, just like any other glyph. They symbolize a panicked swing given to you when you have not properly planned your strategy for complex combat (random slots). Hence... "slug". ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.