Small quality of life improvements for pure casters

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Berym, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berym

Berym Avatar

Hopefully we can get some small QoL improvements for pure spellcasters - I mean we're already spending money on reagents, so it's not like we don't have "ammo", we wear lighter armour, usually have less health, and have cast times and so on to deal with.
    • Remove the 'no movement allowed' penalty on Spellbinder Stance
      • The fact I take more damage is surely enough of a penalty without forcing me to stand still and lose the ability to kite?
    • Give Ice Elementals and Earth Elementals some manner of AoE taunt
      • Pure spell casters are squishy as is (more so with Spellbinder stance). Could these two summons possibly have some way to get and keep enemy aggro for us? It's not like they do a lot of damage, after all.
    • A small ranged attack on Wands and Staffs
      • As a pure spellcaster, I'm not about to spend a lot of skill points into non-spellcaster trees. That being the case, could we have a weak ranged attack added to wands and staffs to allow us to continue to put a little damage out when we run out of focus? Pure melee classes and pure bow users are both able to continue to output damage once their focus runs dry - pure spellcasters are not.
    Perhaps tie these into wearing a full cloth set or the like to prevent them being abused by non-pure spellcasters, or something along those lines? I'd just like to see those of us that eschew ranged weapons and melee weapons have some parity brought to our experience.

Thanks!

Berym Whiteblade

Paladin Michael and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.