So I was listening to NBNN and Laz promoted a pvp idea to Richard.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ravicus Domdred, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I would love to hear your idea in the official forums @Lazarus Long. I understand you have a direct channel to the devs and to Richard but can we the Whole Community have a say on what you proposed? Lets hear your idea here please. Start at about 16:20 @Chris S

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Maeryck, Leelu, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Thanks @Ravicus Domdred

@Chris @DarkStarr @Berek @dallas

I wouldn't say that I or anyone else has any more or less of a direct channel to the devs. But as we were at Dragon Con this past weekend when the topic came up and I was not the only one in on it this was just MY proposal.
    And later on the topic came up a second time and Richard tried to re tell my prposal to someone and I re stated it and he asked me to jot it down since ... "I put it so simply" :)

So.... this was the idea. Mind you in it's most basic and simple form here.

Any player that went to the oracle and flags themselves as PvP Get's to play FULL LOOT (simple right)
    Any player the gets forced in to any other kind of PvP Situation who is NOT Oracle Flagged (think shard fall here) Only risks the loss of anything gained in that particular scene.
    Risk vs Reward there for those who want to Go For The Gusto and get them nice resources. And Full World Loot for all other PvP Flagged Players.

Now YES there are a few other odd situations that will need be looked at to avoid MASS Gankings :)

But a straight forward SIMPLE Idea to make Many folks happy all at the same time.

And that was it in a nut shell. Now Perhaps there is something I don't see that others may, as to why this would / would not work but it sure sounded like a simple enough idea to me.
    And it caught his attention enough that he asked me to jot it down and submit it.

So here it is.

Thoughts, Comments, Suggestions.

Thanks,

Laz

Maeryck, Ember, Fister Magee and 9 others like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you very much. I do appreciate it. It does go a long way in improving relations from the stand point of peasants and elites. :)
    I have started watching your youtubes because it does provide an insight to the game that is not offered to us in the forums. Again I thank you for posting this here. I am not trying to diminish you guys at all or call you out. I just wanted to say that if you have information given to you, or Jack has information given to him that is not privy to the rest of us, maybe you should share it here. It could be a day or two after your podcast as the podcast could draw listeners before hand of course, and I do not want to take away from you followers. But as a secondary note, publish a summery here of privy information that you get. Not everyone subscribes to youtube or twitch and the information is relevant. I have heard Jack say a couple times that he cannot tell (in the video) about information he has. Well if he has it then he should share it. Why can he get it instead of us. Again I do not want to start a flame war or dismiss what you guys do, because I find the information helpful that you put out. I even chuckle at some of your quips lol. But if port is giving information to you guys that is not privy to us, and you guys cannot share, then there is something wrong. I will bow out saying I do like your podcasts, and I appreciate what you do. I just wish that we had the whole picture given to us as what is given to you and Jack. ~bows out~

4. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Avid UO/Fonline player here. Never played a non full loot MMO before SotA.

That said, I'm not entirely sure that the balance of the game would work well with full loot, given that it takes plenty more time and resources to craft PvP viable weapons and armor, compared to the cost of regs and the availability of cotton armor. Seems like things would be a tad lopsided towards mages in that regard.

But that's just based on resource cost. It might work provided that the damage of melee weapons and bows was pretty high. I haven't got any PvP experience here as of yet, although that's kind of why I'm here, I'm about a month behind in character development so I'm still grinding newbie skillz.

I have to say, if you only are in it for the rewards, and not the grief aspect of full loot (ie drylooting) which makes things even harder for new players of course, why not just develop a points system for oracle flagged players, which can be used to purchase unique to PvP home decorations and fancy equipment?

Not only is it more rewarding, but also boosts PvP activity, compared to the consequences of a full loot system here at this early stage which may be less PvP activity overall. All you get then for being oracle flagged is the possibility of being looted in full.. or am I missing something?

5. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Some of the information I get is from the offices at Portalarium and I do not know if Port would like me to broadcast that information before they have the ability to refine their message. I respect their ability to control some of the information - since I am delivering the beer as a fan of the game and not as a "News" personality :)

As I have said elsewhere, once a month, I drop by the offices and deliver a couple of 12 packs of beer. I do it to tell the guys that they are doing a great job and sometimes, the devs share little tidbits with me.

In case you didn't know, the show is also re-broadcast on Radio Free Britannia several times a day for those that do not want to watch us on Twitch or on Youtube :)

-jack

6. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

By no means is there any offence taken. :)

But now this gives me good reason to tell you WHY you should watch listen and subscribe to NBNN :)
    As well as why we put in in replays 24/7 , podcasts, YouTube and on the in game radio several times a day so people CAN get this information.

Now when you hear us say we have information we can not discuss or talk about. More times than not we are referring to Dev Plus Content that we are NOT allowed to discuss... very simple.
    And we will always TRY and be FIRST in bringing the NEWS to you all as we ARE Allowed to talk about it :)

So if that makes us SOUND like we have an "INSIDE TRACK" well we sorta do.

Anywho We Invite everyone to come talk about SOTA 5 days a week LIVE on our show and tell us what they got to say and think on any SOTA related topics.

Thanks again,

Laz

Abydos, Time Lord, x_Selene_x and 2 others like this.
  7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Right on. I have no problem with most of what you just said. I do not listen to the in game radios though, I am sorry. The problem I might have, and its probably just me being jealous, is that you do get privy information. I do not mean to sound disrespectful at all. I think you do a good service. However, what I am asking from you is that you share those tidbits with us here on the forums. If they can share it with you why can they not share it with the rest of us. It possibly could look very bad in some light. Again, I am just suggesting things to you. I do not disrespect you or anything, these are genuine observances that I have. I know my opinion is just my own and maybe it is not the consensus, but I just wanted to share it with you. I do like your guys podcast and hope you keep up the good work. But if you do learn something as a community member, you should share it as a community member or it looks like insider information. Just saying. ;)

FrostII, Time Lord and Lazarus Long like this.
  8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

right, and if you have an inside track, then maybe start a thread called "the inside track" here on the "Official Forums". Just a summery and a link to the podcast for those that do not have the link.

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Remind me of my good college years. During the senior design project period, my team was just a group of kids who barely have any money after paying the tuition. We had to get some 3D modeling done to hand it to the CNC folks to start cutting materials. We ended up visiting one of the mechanical engineer kids with six pack of beer in exchange of him making a 3D drawing from our paper sketches. Good times.

In any case, looking forward to more options in PVP.

Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

So, let me see if I'm getting this...

We have:
    1. Open PVP in basements where the home owner has rights to evict people from his open PVP environment.
    2. Open PVP scenes where players are force flagged upon entry (PVP towns, Shardfalls, Ruins) and their flag is removed when they return to a PVE area.
    3. Open world PVP that can only be obtained by flagging though the Oracle...

Now the proposal is to further define PVP by making anyone that flags through the Oracle subject to full loot?

Aren't you afraid this would water down the PVP scenes? To date, in every conversation had about PVP one theme has endured, and that is PVP is PVP is PVP. And all it is right now are some tournaments, ganks, and random Shardfall encounters; there's really not any meaningful and immersive PVP going on yet. I don't mean to be overly critical here but this has the smell of blue healer syndrome all over it... I'm not saying I'm opposed to full loot - but maybe PVP should stay PVP for now. I'd much rather see a full scene PVP tournament mode given to PVE POT owners before true PVP is more incrementally defined.

11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do not mind your proposal at all. I like it. It might be to much for the masses though. In the video you mentioned that you might have a plan for factions as well? What do you have planned for that. I am really interested because I have been pushing for guild warfare and factions for a couple years now. I have posted my guild warfare requests in the r32 and 33 feedback. I have made a couple different threads on factions. I am just curious because I am partial to UO factions and UO guild war systems.

Lazarus Long and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~All the Content Within This Thread is Very Fellowship Approved~:cool:!'

We all must as free thinkers within a free thinking society of our ideas always express all of our ideas and comments.

Great Interview and Discussion Group!

"Thanks So Much NBNN"!
    :cool:~Nystal TimeLord~:)

Abydos and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  13. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

I have drawn on some paper towels some ideas that were also being chatted about and while I did listen in on that one I didn't have much to add for all the complications they were discussing on what
    might / might not be a valid way to do such a thing. I just grabbed the paper towels at the end for prosperity's sake just in case a system like that ever does make the light of day :)

14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm really looking forward to factions... loot being a motivator for changes to PVP or even the reason for PVP always raises the hair on my skin. Seeing factions come to fruition - now that would be a major advance for PVP and something truly exciting the way I see it.

What's your idea?

Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  15. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

SUPER IDEA !!!!!

16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Our Lazarus and the News~
    No worries Lazarus and this should be known as a reporters report and may I say "what a fine reporter you are for sharing all of this great news!"

Many times when a player is also performing a community service, "while also being a player within our game", the lines can become blurred where we all might think there's something "sinister" going on within anyone getting so close a contact with some of our most important people developing our game. I like the hat! :D Maybe you should also start wearing a trench coat as well to bring out that "Humphrey Bogart" appeal we've begun to stigmatized with your fine reporting quality and style!

:cool:~Here's Looking at You Kid!
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Ravicus Domdred and Lazarus Long like this.
  17. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Like I said I just picked up the plans off the table. you can see them here in this pic :)

[​IMG]

That's right.... That paper towel in the middle of the table just might become a faction / alliance system someday :)

18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Hrm...the link seems to be broken for me. I just get a circle with a dash in the middle. :(

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yes, but it's a really good circle and dash pic! :D I can't see a thing either :( LoL
    ~TL~:p

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  20. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

RD made a good point. Just to point out, you are called New Brittania News Network, and if it's news, you know, you just have to share. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.