So it begins!

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Bartec, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bartec

Bartec Avatar

Few months ago I have lived through a life changing experience and ever since that point on, I started to look at my life with no regrets but rather appreciation that I have lived incredibly rich life emotionally and in the end I believe is what counts the most for me. The experiences I have accumulated since my childhood have shaped my understanding of my environment, people and creatures inhabiting this environment.

As such I have unleashed something which I never though was in me. Now I am trying to develop the skills to be able to put my imagination on paper. I did notice the exponential curve in my writing progress. I a period of about a week I manage to put down in spurs of about 4-8 thousand words per writing session.

The writing is based on Lord of Ultima, when I first started and found no RP in the game at all I tried to initiate it, but started failing badly so instead I started playing solo in a group game and created my own story line. The Code represent ingame battle reports as I was writing the story as the action was unfolding, but I don't think they function after a period of time so as of right now they useless to anyone who would try and use it to check the report :(

So here is the first part I wrote:

The Squire Leeonaidaas Doths enters the Generals Hall for the first time, holding in his hand he carries a papyrus. The doors to the hall are still off its hinges, while carpenters, masons and other workers are still buzzing and zooming around the grand hall and adjacent hallways.

Squire: My Lord? Sir, I bring you news my Lord.

General Bartec: Hmm, you must be the new squire, no one addresses me as Lord or Sir, call me General, because that is what will maybe save your butt soldier.

Squire: Yes General! I am sorry?

General Bartec: Ahh save your sorry?s for someone who cares, just don?t repeat the mistake twice.

Squire: Got it General.

General Bartec: So since we are going to see a lot of each other from now on, and I don?t want to having to call you ?soldier? all the time, so what?s your name?

Squire:1337 D00D

General Bartec: ahh repeat that?

The General turns his head slightly to the right

Squire: ahmm ehh sorry General my name is Leeonaidaas, Leeonaidaas Doths.

General Bartec: Arg Leeonaidaas!, did I not tell you to save your sorry?s, ehh never mind.

The General looks at Leeonaidaas with a bit of a feeling sorry for the Squire as he knows it can be a bit nerve wrecking experience to meet a man of much higher statue then one self, he feels as he?s been in this shoes before, he absorbs it for a split second, as he is about to tell the boy about his only weakness. The weakness that this Squire needs to know in order to insure precision in all command communications across his fellowship towns.

General Bartec: By the way Leeonaidaas, you must speak to my left ear, I am almost completely deaf on the right and hear just weird sounding noises since the encounter
    with the Moloch, but that?s a story for another time. So what news do you speak of, lets see?

Leeonaidaas hands over the papyrus to the General. The General starts reading it and instantly his face changes to a very worried and puzzled state.

General Bartec: Hmm, its hard to make out what this is saying, we might need some translation, it must be some type of an ancient language. Summon the Scholars
    Leeonaidaas!

Leedonidaas: At once General

In a hasty manner Leeonaidaas turns around and starts walking toward the exit. While walking out of the newly being build castle he dose quickly look around as he hears the marching of soldiers, it?s the Guardians marching behind Commander Surshod?s Ranger division, they are going back out on patrols in the Yew forest. Large number of giant spiders have been sighted near a cave, farmers fields and livestock had been endangered, the infestation must stop!

CLZZ-FURL-AAPD-Z85P

Meanwhile the scholars are hard at work deciphering the coded scroll of papyrus:

?I see you castled by us prolly for a title advancement but it is a castle and we have been hitting all castles by us... I understand u are alot smaller than us... we don't want to come off as a bully so we would rather u make the choice of dropping the castle before someone bigger takes it?

As soon as the scroll had been deciphered the new Squire Leeonaidaas rushes to deliver the grave news. As Leeonaidaas runs through the castle?s hall screaming like a girl.

Leeonaidaas: Yahhhhh?.We?re Doomed, run for the hills, we are doomed.
    The General swiftly intercepts the screaming lunatic by extending his right arm in front of the squires face, landing him straight on his butt, and the papyrus in the Generals hand.

The General: Stop Your screaming Panzee, whatever it is it can?t be that bad.
    The general starts reading the translation:

?Lord, you have laid claim and build your castle to close to our lands, we vastly outnumber you and there for you must abandon your New Castle or perish?

The General: I have been waiting for this day, I knew it was coming. What comes next is anyone?s guess. Get up Leeonaidaas, we have lots of work ahead of us, but first
    you must sand word to the others, they must know that the time has come up on as. It came sooner than I would like but it is, so be it!!!!

As The General hits his closed fist on the brand new solid oak table giving it a fist indent and a split down the middle.

The General: Stop your work here you fools, get on the walls get on the towers! Get me commander Surshod and Kenneth in here immediately!!!

The newly painted ceiling got cracks from that yell, as all the work on the castle stops and all the workers are running for the ramparts to beef up the defense. As soon as Leeonaidaas collected himself of the ground he informs the general of the other two bad news. Whispering?.

Leeonaidaas: Dude...

While slightly taping the General to who?s back he is now facing and slightly on the Generals right. The General still focused ahead, now hearing the faint whisper turns his head right followed by his body to changes his focus to Leeonaidaas.

The General: Ahh, here you are! Where is Surshod? Just go and fetch commander Surshod for me.

Leeonaidaas: Sir ahh..

The General: It?s GEE NEE RALL, ok?!

Leeonaidaas: Sor? Blehh I mean yes General!

Leeonaidaas: Commander Surshod has departed for the Yew forest, General.

The General:Very well, get me sir Kenneth in here then.

Leeonaidaas: I don?t think you going to like this General, he is out in the hills, scores of skeletons been sighted there.

BNNK-HMYS-BAVC-PRQE

The General: Ohh the situation looks grim in deed, very well order all reaming forces to be ready, man the lookout towers, look out for any scouts and subspecies activity
    this might be our last day together Squire.

Leeonaidaas eyes start to tear up and he whispers ever so slightly.

Leeonaidaas: ohh mammy.

The General looks at the Squire tearing up and realizes his words could have hit the young soldier bit hard.

The General: Ahh never mind this Leeonaidaas, its going to be glories, is this not what you signed up here for?

Leeonaidaas: Well yes, yes, I did wanted all the glory, and fame, I just expected to be around to enjoy it, maybe meet a nice girl or two?.. maybe more, yeh like a lot of
    girls, and now you telling me it might be over in a flash?

The General: Well then, at least now I know what you strive for, so after this one you will have more girls then you can handle, let?s put it that way.

Leeonaidaas: Ahhh I see, well them, bring it on!

The General: That?s the spirit soldier, now go see if you can see anything from the scouting tower.

Leeonaidaas: Yes General Bartec!

Leeonaidaas turns around and rushes out of the castle and on to the lookout tower.

Leeonaidaas: So man anything to report?

Guard with rotteing teeth:Nah, just cold and breezy out here. They told as to be up and alert now. They told as the end is coming.

Leeonaidaas: Bah yeh someone is coming, let them come, I will have girls after, you guys with me?
    Guard with a beard:Ha ha ha, ohh yeh girls, they be nice now to worm as up, its freezing up here. When is Johan taking his shift? I bet he is nicely sleeping still in
    the worm barrack.

Leeonaidaas: Ahh I don?t know any Johan, I am new here, ? uhh what?s that?

Guard with rotting teeth:What?s what?

Leeonaidaas: That looks like mirage or something in the distance.

Guard with beard: Ohh yeh I see it too, to the east, its massive!

Guard with rotting theeth: What?s massive, where??!

Leeonaidaas: What is it, looks like a mirage, some type of sorcery.

Guard with rotting teeth: Ohh yeh there it is?..

Leeonaidaas: Whell what you waiting for? Sound the Alarm!!!!!

The bells are ringing, all the villagers had been moved behind the town walls. The gates been boarded up and the city is bracing for an incoming first attack. The odds are stacked against the citizens of Ex3, a force of only the cities own rear guard numbering in just over 1000 and some what 2500 berserkers brigade whose commander came back to the city after his officer forgot the wagon with all the food supplies are bracing for the attack from an unknown force.

BATTLE ENSUES
    5GFH-ST8V-2EQA-JCLE

After the battle.

The General:Such force, such power, how do you stop something like this, how!!!

Leeonaidaas: We are still alive!! it was glories there was bodies everywhere. Bring on the Girls.

The General: Yes you and me survived, but for how long, this was a disaster, we lost over 3500 good man, and inflicted only miner casualties to the enemy, for sure he will
    return. We must get our forces back before the next assault!

Leeonaidaas: Sir the enemy has taken our bricks and stone, we must holt the improvements on the towers.

The General: Send out orders to the township that we need stone, wood, and iron, ohh and more stone.
    Leeonaidaas: Got it General, right away!

Leeonaidaas run out of the castle to distribute the orders to the be delivered to each city in the fellowship. The town has been plundered and the only place safe is the castle
    as the enemy mounts a second assault.

BATTLE ENSUES

AH8B-ZP5K-6JBB-YSCP

The General can do nothing but await the return of his forces from, Commander Kenneth yet unaware of the situation and is still somewhere in the hills battling skeleton scourge. Commander Surshod had been made aware of the situation back home at Ex3 and has abandoned his parties loot and is now rushing to save his home.
    Now on the verge of the third assault, the General looks out of his castle highest point, on to the ravaged, scorned and pillaged town. On the opposite side of town to the east, he spots a flag in the distance with a dark cloud of snow and dirt mixed in raising behind the flag. It?s a whole army of Berserkers headed by a Baron.

The General: So you came to take my Castle?

The Baron: Like you had a chance! Fool. The towns already belongs to me, look you are outmatched here, I am already in control. Muahahaha.

The General: You sir have left me defenseless, but I fear not, this chapter is still being written.

The Baron: Yeh whatever, in few short hours its going to be over. See you at the next assault!

The General: You sir please do that, I will see you then.

The General retreats back in to his castles war room.

The General: Damn it Surshod, where the hell are you!!!!

Surshod: You called for me General?

The General: Ohhh you startled me, when did you return?

Surshod: Just now General, I rushed as quickly as I could when I heard the news.

The General: well your late, you just missed the baron who said that he is taking the castle from me.

Surshod: What about the rear guardians, and the berserker platoon, what happened to them?

The General: Anaialated, this enemy is ruthless, I hope you will have better success.

Surshod: I have came back after some losses in the forest, but we will be our best at defending our home.

The General: That?s fine Surshod, I don?t expect miracles, just hold them off is all I am asking, we will have Kenneth return and reinforce you soon.

Surshod: We will take no prisoners General, we make them pay for what they?ve done.

The General: The defense rest on your shoulders until Kenneth returns, bare that in mind, so no brave hero sacrifices out there. So go out there and defend, I can already
    smell that Baron with his filthy berserkers huffing and puffin at the gate.

Surshod: Yes General!

BATTLE ENSUES
    4WGK-8JUC-G7XS-3YFH

Surshod Returns with Battle reports from the ramparts.

Surshod: General, we have slowed the Baron down, but he is still progressing, we need commander Kenneths forces if we to stop him.

The General: I am well aware of this, its now in Kenneth?s hands to save as all.

As the day wares on, the assaults keep on coming.

BATTLE ENSUES

N7UE-DS2E-6C5P-CP2Q

Assult after assault, Surshods regiment is standing ground against the Baron and his Berserkers.

BATTLE ENSUES

T923-TXCM-7LCP-E6RD

Leeonadiaas Enters the Castle Hall and approaches the General.

Leeonaidaas: General, I have good news to report, commander Kenneth has returned!

The General: Very good, bring him, and Surshod, we need to discuss our defenses here.

Leeonaidaas: At once General!

Shortly after both Lord Kenneth and Sir Surshod are both entering the castle hall and approach the Generals brand new oak Table.

The General: Ahh here you both are, I hope Surshod has gotten you up to speed Kenneth.

Lord Kenneth: Ah yes he has Bartec, thought we had more time before this would happen?

The General: Well we have been wrong before, as such we have to adjust and rethink our strategy here. But that?s a matter for the war room. Right now I need you two
    here in town, no more raiding dungeons for now.

Lord Kenneth: Our supplies will dry up then, how can we wage this war with nothing more then stone?

The General: I am sure we can resupply from the fellowship, at least for a while, and after than we will through stones at them if we have to.

Surshod: To the last arrow, we will stand side by side General.

Lord Kenneth: I guess I will go and boost moral with my troops, I?ll see you guys after the assult.

The General: You know your orders, go get some berserker heads, and try and nail that Baron to while at it.

Surshod:Yes General, they can start putting up the pikes already, har har.

The General: You can see the barons flag in the distance, he is back for more.

BATTLE ENSUES
    6CVZ-34R2-TNP7-MF4D

Leeonaidaas Enters the Castle Hall.

Leeonaidaas: General, we have news from Ex4, Lord Boz is sending his Knights to aid in the defense. They will arrive shortly.

The General: I never asked Lord Boz for help, but if he wants to help, I can?t refuse in this situation, let them in. Just in time, the Baron is back with his horde of
    berserkers. Tell Lord Boz to get his lines ready, this is about to begin.

BATTLE ENSUES

WM7T-5T7W-J3EL-D7GP
    ZEDB-AHMK-TMT3-YULP
    Z6FT-3MJK-BMRF-DHBQ
    BK89-UUU7-WJ57-BZDD
    NF2V-S9UD-EWV8-VB2H
    J2LW-54ME-SM8F-FZUD
    55V8-QT6K-CF2U-65SH
    53HP-YWR3-45B9-YXEK
    2DAH-NCFG-ZZEC-9BMD

After a full day of battle with the Berserker Baron the brave commanders and there general meet in the war room to discuss the day.

The General: I see you all still standing in front of me, does it mean we have survived this day?

Surshod: We are victories General, the Baron's head is up on a spike outside the gates, rest of the berserkers have been seen fleeing the battlefield retreating back east.

The General: That is great news and moral booster, but how about our forces, can we still defend this town?

Lord Kenneth: Bartec, I can say one thing is for sure, one more day like this and we will be forced to look for a new home.

The General: Always a skeptic Kenneth, it is more important to look at the brother picture, we now know what we against and preparing for it is now our task.

Leeonaidaas enters the war room.

Leeonaidaas: General, the scout tower is reporting another sighting of enemy!

The General: Ohh is that Baron an Undead Litch coming back to finish the job?!!!

Leeonaidaas: General, I don?t think it?s the Baron, they are coming from a different direction, and there is no flag.

The General:Hmm another assault but from another castle, this enemy will not give up, well what you standing all around for get back out there.

Lord kenneth: Was already leaving.

Surshod: Yes General!

Leeonaidaas: I?ll go tell the knights to get ready.

BATTLE ENSUES

HVNE-3LXY-BDBH-MCFQ

The General comes out to see Lord Kenneth after the battle.

The General: Kennth, how did the assault go?

Lord Kenneth: We have wiped out the enemy force of 40,000 and suffered a loss of around 4,000, it is still unclear how many dead and wounded. Still at this point any loss
    of life could mean the end.

The General:This number are great in deed, yet I feel a chill down my spine as I feel that this was only the tip of much larger force. Most important is that after the day we
    are still standing here. Ahh Squire, did you think this day would go this way?

Leeonaidaas: General Bartec, sir I must say it was all that and more, just glories!

General Bartec: In deed it was, and what have I told you about calling me sir, hahaha.

Leeonaidaas: Hahaha
    Lord Kenneth: Hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.