So whats up with this map?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Grimsley, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

Is this a third party thing?
    Im noticing that when a town lists it has open lots, once I enter the town im finding no free lots.

also once I enter the town, on the overhead map i see "Free Lot" when its actually occupied.
    whats the explanation for this? I know the most accurate way is the town cryer but the map is throwing me off and making me waste a ton of time.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

The maps are currently updated manually, and are therefore always hopelessly out of date. (There has been talk about automating this.)

3. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

It was a third party thing and has been improving since, You are welcome to place in Arcadia next to Xenos if you so choose =)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and VooDoo like this.
  4. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

thanks, i'll go take a look
    another thing ive noticed about housing is a lot of player owned towns have a lot of open lots marked as "reserved" so you're unable to place. Im assuming this is a permissions thing but it seems more common than not (even if the town has like 6 of 200+ lots taken). why is it theyre locked down and not more open? the owners can evict right? i mean if i payed as much as these guys did for a player owned town and I knew nobody but my 6 buddies were gonna live there Id open it up to try and populate the place.

5. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Aye that is common, you won't have this problem in Arcadia, Sher Shadowleaf is the owner but I help with Town Steward status

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

those lots being reserved doesn't necessarily mean you're not welcome. some people just wanna actually talk to the people they're living with first. if you like a town that doesn't have any available lots, message the governor and ask.

7. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

The map system is under construction. It is being updated constantly detached from game releases. The auto-update feature will be in soon .

8. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi VooDoo

the map system is the newest addition to the game and was a separate map and now it is incorporated into the game they just need to get it matched up.
    it improves with each release and you will eventually be able to make your own notes to share with others.

if you see reserved places in the game look at the top of the screen for governor and contact him/her and I am sure they will unlock one for you.

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure. in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.