So, when do I get it?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by BillRoy, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I'm talking about my,
    • Unique ability to tame an elusive monster that an ordinary player could never tame!

2. Margard

Margard Avatar

The only thing that as been stated on the subject by Darkstarr is that "you have to be at a certain place at a certain time" blow your horn and wallah!

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  3. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I'm really curious to see the creature we get to summon. Can't wait to see it!

From the description assumptions I'd make are

1) There are no other calls/taming collars to allow you to tame this creature

2) You will see these creatures in the wild, but rarely.

3) This means it gives us something special, special buff, special ability, special loot if we kill it. One of those or one I haven't thought of. I'd lean toward a rare ingredient for crafting upon killing it.

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I'd estimate sometime between now, and October 2014.

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

So, how many of us will have "an elusive monster that an ordinary player could never tame"?

I hope it's a Mungbat.:D

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

probably better that than a Mongbutt.

My guess is around 20,000 people.. so maybe less than 10% of the player population after launch. (I think by episode 3 we can expect to break 1 million players if not sooner)

7. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

How could it be better? :confused:
    CANT!:mad:
    and you know i'm not one for correcting peeps, but you spelt it rong.:p

Maybe so...bro...
    I'm thinking it might go the other way...hopefuly not, but only time will tell.

8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I'm basing the numbers off of statistics of pre-release sales of video games on average are 10% of total sales, right now we have 26,861, with 10 months of pre-orders to go, I expect numbers for sales to increase greatly as we approach launch (something that also happens with other games). Also, WoW had 1.5 million subscribers 4 months after launch, 2 million 3 months later, 5 million a year after launch (And a lot of new content added in between) and hit 10 million 4 years after launch. UO player numbers peaked 6 years after launch. WoW peaked 6 years after launch with it's 2nd expansion... If it follows MMO player counts we'll likely see peak 5-6 years after initial launch, at a 2 year window for episodes that's episode 3. If they do annual releases then I expect it to be episode 5.

I'll put my fortune teller hat on and claim we'll get half of WoW's subscribers 4 month subscriber numbers sometime during episode one, and follow along those lines throughout the game's life(peaking 5-6 years from now on active players with around 6 million). Not making a widespread #1 of all time hit, but a very worthy addition to the RPG and online gaming genre.

Bodhbh Deargh and BillRoy [ab] like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.