So yet another unannounced change.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sir Korvash, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think there are valid arguments on both sides. there are 2 ways of looking at it, a negative way and a positive way. Yes, it will need some help. Yes, the screenshots don't win anyone over when they're used to the mega marketing machines that constantly pull the wool over everyones eyes. Watchdogs anyone ? LOL What you see is not necessarily what you get, you know ? Having said that, yes, we know there is a waaaaaaays to go... but might as be positive because complaining all the time on the forums gets really, really old for everyone

Time Lord, Retro and rild like this.
  2. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

I don't mind the castle thing, I understand and love the people who backed this "project" with several 1000 dollars, as their big money goes directly into the game itself - which is not finished yet, so a bit risky also - and the dev's got some sweet jam on top of their buttered slice of bred gg

for me and the rest which cannot afford this: humility

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I look at it this way. If there were no backers, there would be no avatar, no houses, keeps, castles, no dungeons, no merchants, no crafting, no pvp, no anything, not even these forums. We need the backers and thank god for them! It is not a "rich vs poor" game, its people donating the money they have earned to develop a game that we all can play. So they get some better looking pixels, its not gonna ruin my day.

4. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

I was beginning to think that common sense wasn't so common anymore. Well said

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

my point is to let that crap go and let them make the game.

6. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

In dark fall everyone had a keep deed but since the lots were all taken everyone used it as a rug. This will most likely happen here. Sure you can afford a castle but where are you going to put it? On release week all lots will be taken I guarantee you that. Also buying the castle does not make you royalty or noble.

7. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Yeah to weigh in on this...the game will be what you make of it. When I played Ultima III and IV with my brothers it was without the box, manuals, collectibles or map and that in no way took away from the experience, because for us it was the experience we made and ho we could afford to play. and from that no frills point to the future ultima titles, they left a lasting impression on us all 30 years later enough for us to want to support this endeavor. With SotA we pledged as we could afford to pledge, and not to see who has the bigger pixel house or the glowing cape of destiny, because frankly who cares in the grand scheme of life, but because we wanted the chance to once again journey onward together. So making the focus keeping up with the joneses will of course make for a bad gaming experience and cause bitterness as it does in real life. Its good that we have pledges on every level otherwise this would not be So Just PLAY and be happy.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.