Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

solace bridge "learn quincy's fate"

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Alley Oop, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

11/20/2018 13:38
    Title: solace bridge "learn quincy's fate"
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details:

what was the fix here? i have this quest, picked up from emily, on a char who started on a different path and so never went to the battle of solace bridge. is there something in solace bridge after to find now or does emily have a clear for people who should not have gotten the quest? i talked to emily and got no clear, but can find nothing in the new version of solace bridge.

...still can't find raymond's hammer, either.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 15989
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.876.Date.11.20.18
    Area: SolaceBridge
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge
    Loc: (-34.8, 77.1, 6.8)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlfHwoLTM0LjgwNiwgNzcuMDgzLCA2Ljg0KXwoMCwgMC45NzYsIDAsIC0wLjIxNyl8LTE5NTQuOTE4fDM1Ljc4MTc2fDE4

Paladin Michael likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The main fix in Emily's conversation was a data-related one (as opposed to a text/typo fix). She has several possible responses for the "Quincy" keyword, and one that was checking for "flag A" or "flag B" had a typo in the "or" function, which meant that response always failed and never appeared. With the fix, the response can now appear as intended. The same problem was in another of her keyword responses, and she had a couple of flawed language in different responses.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if Emily has a "clear." This isn't a case where she can fix a broken quest when you say something special to her, if that's what you were wondering.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, either there is a way to complete the quest in the after version of solace bridge, or she should not give the quest to chars who cannot get into the battle scene. what should my char with this quest do?

4. Sannio

I understand now. It wasn't clear to me that you were reporting Quincy's sword wasn't in Solace Bridge. I'll take a look into that. Issue #63080

Jaesun, Alley Oop and Paladin Michael like this.
  5. Sannio

I missed the window to get a change in for Release 60, but next release you'll be able to continue the quest in either the "before" or "after" version of Solace Bridge. (The fix is in, it just needs to be published with release 61.)

Paladin Michael, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.