Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Solace Bridge Outskirts-Is it normal for npc's to follow you for a bit after talking to them?

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Skye Azure, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

I am pretty new to the game.
    I have just finished a lot of quests in Solace Bridge & Soltown.

Whenever I got a quest, the npc's would follow me for a little bit. Feels sort of weird and creepy... Why are they following me & then go back?
    Also, in Solace Bridge, in the graveyard, all of the skeletons and ebons,seemed to group together and follow each other to me. It meant I had to fight 5 of them one after the other... It didn't feel right? Maybe that is how they are supposed to be?

Not complaining, just my perceptions...

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Deja Moo, when you want to end a conversation, say goodbye.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

Of course I "ended the conversations" with them, but they followed me like glue, for awhile... sometimes bunching up together with me.
    This felt really weird & not quite right...
    That is why I reported this here

4. tatze

tatze Avatar

Did u see wolves, flying over location? This is realy weird ^_^ NPC just wanna make shure you wont steal something usefull. But confirmed :))

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Many NPCs will continue facing you for a few moments after you finish a conversation. Most children NPCs will follow you for a few steps when you get close to them, even if you're not in a conversation. It's not typical for adults to follow you, but it might be part of the conversation system that keeps them in range so as to not break the conversation... so if it's only for a few steps then that wouldn't be considered broken.

That being said, if you find a situation where one or more non-combat NPCs are following you for too long then feel free to post that as a bug, along with all relevant details like scene name, NPC name, any keywords you were using in a conversation, and the location it happened (enter "/loc" in your chat window and paste the results into a message board post).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.