Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Solace Bridge Outskirts: standard problem - exemplary Quest --> Medicine from Alchemist Ackerley

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Paladin Michael, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

04/11/2019 21:48
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? --
    Details / Steps to Reproduce:
    Using a keyword (in this case: 'medicine'):
    keyword fades to grey. Normally this is ok, but not in cases, when this keyword is needed again (later).

In this quest, Ackerley is asking for a favor before he helps us with the medicine!
    ( Zombie Olf. Gland).

After we did the favor, the keyword 'medicine' should be highlighted again to tell there is something we can do - yet.

Maybe the keyword also could be placed on the first position if all other words have been clicked before (and no further information will be provided) ...

I hope, this will happen with the new quest system :)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.951.Date.04.10.19
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-18.4, 17.2, -170.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtMTguMzU2LCAxNy4xODksIC0xNzAuMDAyKXwoMCwgLTAuODgsIDAsIDAuNDc1KXw2MDMuNzYzOXw2Mi40NDU0M3wxMC4yMzg2Nw==

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the suggestions! However, from what you described, I think the chat/keyword system is working as intended.

The chat keyword system is automated. It will un-highlight a keyword after you use it and won't highlight it again, in the same way that standard website hyperlinking works. (Personally, I love how this matches up with web standards--it helps people understand our system more quickly than if we had gone in a unique design direction.)

Also, the chat system automatically sorts keywords in the bar underneath the chat window.The bar is auto-populated with several keywords and others are added as you "unlock" them during the conversation. Unlocked/new keywords are added to the end and older keywords are eventually pushed off. Quest designs can't micromanage where keywords will appear.

Paladin Michael and Jaesun like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Thank you Sannio for this information. Yes, the keyword system works as intended in this case I told above.
    --> In the case, a keyword can't be used yet, it would be fine to have it highlighted again so we know -later- that clicking it will provide new information / quest <--

Unfortunately there are keywords which are highlighted (again), after we clicked them until they got grey.
    Visiting a NPC next time, keywords are highlighted again, so I assume there must be something which prevents the former used keywords to stay grey ...
    In next QA I try to find a few examples :)

4. Sannio

Examples would be great, thanks!

5. Paladin Michael

ok, here's one example :)

6. Sannio

Added as issue #64620

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.