Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Solania Catacombs, quest: Find Scarlett's Book

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Paladin Michael, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

08/16/2019 16:16
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? can't go on with quest, because "mystical energy locks this door in place" ;)
    Details / Steps to Reproduce:
    Defeated all enemies, except the last: Elven mage. He killed me. So I used the resurrection Ankh in the room.
    Unfortunately I got to live OUTSIDE the -locked- room. So I can't go on with the quest.

Elf Veteru tells: "You have the key to the door, human. There is nothing more I can give you."
    And he is right! But how removing the magic "barrier" ???

I waited for a while, and - too bad:
    After a while all Elves are respawning! Door is open again, but all enemies are in again :(
    I'll try it in 'Private Mode', hoping it won't respawn ...

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1029.Date.08.15.19
    Area: Solania Catacombs
    Area Display Name: Solania Catacombs
    Loc: (75.6, 0.0, 32.0)
    Debug: U29sYW5pYSBDYXRhY29tYnN8fCg3NS42NDUsIDAuMDA1LCAzMi4wNDEpfCgwLCAtMC44MjUsIDAsIC0wLjU2Nil8NDUxLjAyNnwxOS4zNTY5N3wyLjQ3MjcyNA==

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #65507

3. Sannio

@Paladin Michael , this room includes a special wave battle event and the bahavior you described seems correct.

The wave battle event controls the magically-locked door. When the battle starts, the door closes and cannot be open until a couple of minutes after the wave battle stops. Once all the enemies in the room are defeated, the treasure room door and the "front door" automatically open. If every player in the room dies (or leaves) during the fight, it will reset after a couple of minutes. You're allowed to use the ankh within the room, and that ankh resurrects you outside the room where you'll have to wait for the door to open again.

If I'm misunderstanding your report and my description of the events doesn't match up with what you saw, please let me know.

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you, Sannio. Now I understand the behavior.

If someone enters in Private mode, I suppose it will not respawn? This should be the case.

5. Sannio

In general, we use three types of spawners: static, dynamic, and wave battle. Static spawners are usually just used for unique friendly NPCs, like town criers and merchants, but some bosses might be this way. Dynamic spawners are the primary way we spawn enemies throughout the game, especially if they are generic. Wave battle spawners are used in sieges, the Lost Vale "side rooms," the Upper Tears underground fight, Courage Club, Control Points, and other places with special wave-based fights. In Private Mode, I believe wave battle spawners should reset as in non-Private mode.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.