Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Soltown Catacombs and Recall ability

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Junkmerchant, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkmerchant

Junkmerchant Avatar

I decided to go into the Soltown catacombs and do some adventuring. I found a gate that was locked and it told me I didn't have the key. I eventually found the key on some mobs further in and went back to the gate. Put the key in the lock and unlocked the door.

Once on the other side the door would not open and the key would not work. I explored the area and without giving spoilers I was stuck. I tried to use a recall scroll but I had no bind point so the scroll would not work.

So here is some feedback...
    1. Once a player reached the first city please give the character an automatic bind. Right now that city would be Soltown as that is where most people are going to go after Solace Bridge. You give us recall scrolls but no bind making them not usable. If this is intended and you want it to be player initiated then so be it and I will live. In the case in point I would have died since there was no way out.
    2. Please have that particular gate give a message as to why it can't be opened. Like, "Magical forces are holding this door shut and the gate can not be opened". As it is now it just make the retical green but does nothing.
    3. When in a dungeon please remove the ability to logout and then start on the overland map. This makes recall scrolls useless but i do understand that without this method I would not have been able to kill myself. Or at least it would be hard to do.
    Edit - it looks like they fixed some of the issues in the August 2nd patch.

• Soltown Catacombs: Updated trash pile room treasure type and changed skeletons to respawn slightly faster. Also, the scene now resets when empty.
    Last night I visited the locked gate and now instead of closing, it stays open. The mobs do spawn a bit faster and all the lootable corpses and the chest in the trash room can only be looted once. If you leave the scene it will reset and you can loot all the corpses and cntainers again.

Junk

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    enderandrew and 4EverLost like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The start to overland feature was removed when teleport and recall were introduced, but we got hit with crash at scene change that keep people stuck at the same location. It will stay until that issue has been resolved permanently.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Mykll likes this.
  3. Junkmerchant

Junkmerchant Avatar

Thanks for the history info on that one. Good to hear they are eventually going to remove it.

Junk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.