Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Soltown Catacombs - Combat Bug With Fire Arrow And 1st Person View(Its not what you think!)

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Teralitha Tokomi, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Inside these catacombs is the first time I experienced these issues.

First off, I use first person view primarily. And in this instance, it is part of this bug.

I use the fire arrow spell alot. In the catacombs when I am in first person view and casting the firearrow spell the spell goes right to the floor as though I am aiming at the floor, even when I have an enemy targeted.

In one of the room I encounted a wizard. He stood there throwing fire arrows at the ground repeatedly. I came to realize he was aggroed on me and was trying to nuke me. I tried to cast fire arrow on him and I did the same thing, only thing is, I cannot see it happen since Im in first person, nor am I even hearing the sound effect.

Now here is where it gets weird. I changed to third person view, because I had a hunch. Sure enough the fire arrow spell started working. I changed back to first person view, it was still working. I killed the wizard, but I had more enemies than him to deal with. When I began to cast fire arrows at my next target... bugged again. I changed to third person view and then I was able to use the spell as intended.

There is more. While I was also in first person view and these enemies were approaching me, attacking me, no combat appeared to be taking place. The moment I changed views I got a spam of damage numbers and health bars took big drops for me and the enemies. I finished the battle in 3rd person view then left the area to make this report.

I should note that, other attack spells I was using in first person seemed to not be affected the same way as the fire arrow spell, that is, once I had changed views and back again while still on the same target. Changing targets would reset the bug.

I will now leave the catacombs, and log out. Come back and try again to see if the bug repeats.

Oh yeah, heres this:

2/2/2017 1:29 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: It seems to happen at random, but only in first person view.
    Blocker? <-- what is a blocker?
    Details: See above
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6) System RAM: 16376
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.550.Date.02.01.17
    Area: Soltown Sewers
    Area Display Name: Soltown Catacombs
    Loc: (-288.0, 19.8, 17.0)

I went back a couple hours later. Everything was working fine, but then... It started happening again. The workaround was to switch out of first person view.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.