Some crafting questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by KidTwist, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidTwist

KidTwist Avatar

Hi I was around a while at release 15-20, took some time off (couple years) and now I am back, I am trying to make things like hardened and supple leather, long bows etc and cannot get the tables to let me craft these items. I got the recipes from the various resources online and am pretty sure I have the current formulas,(For example, Hardened Leather is 4 leather, 4 curing salt and 1 beetle carapace), my tanning skill is over 50, but no option to craft when its on the table. Sometimes it works, but mostly no. Am I missing some step? Please help . I cant find anyone who sells the recipe, so I am stuck

Any current crafting guides out there for release 40 I can use?

Serpico / Kid Twist / Corey

2. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

You need to purchase the recipe from a merchant before you can use the recipe at a craft station. There are a few exceptions, but this is the case by large.

If you can find me in game, I'll teach you what recipes I can to save you some coin. Unfortunately I won't be in game for a couple of days, but ping me when you can :)

Also, the merchants behind the bank, inside the building with the adventurers trainer inside of owls head have several types. I'd start there if you're searching

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

To add to what Rosemourne is saying above.
    Port changed the system so that only "basic" recipes can be discovered on the crafting table. All "Higher" recipes need to be purchased / tought before use.
    Give a shout out in the discord channel or ask people around public crafting pavilions there is most likely going to be a few llayers that can teach you the recipes you need.

4. Cobra101

Cobra101 Avatar

The Supple Leather one is nowhere I can find it.
    I've tried asking and the vendors I was sent to no longer have it.
    Apparently it used to be on textile vendors (as opposed to tailors) but none of the ones I visited had it.
    A couple of very skilled crafters I asked could not teach it. I have to admit I didn't ask if that was because they didn't know it or because it wasn't teachable.

I did in the end find some rare butchery recipes which seemed similar in that they were originally discoverable.
    I would keep looking but I keep hitting the "This scene is currently a copy of another one" which is disheartening.

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Hit "Starman" up in game, Ill share what I have that can be shared. I have every blacksmith and carp recipe.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i found hardened leather on harold in owl's head for @Shoobydoo yesterday. likely he has supple too.

7. Cobra101

Cobra101 Avatar

Thank you very much.

Harold does indeed have some odd recipes, including Supple and Hardened leather which are marked "Not Teachable".
    He is in the building with Norman the Crafter just along from the Pubic Vendor.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Not teachable just means you won't be able to teach it to someone else, but you can still learn it by buying it and using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.