Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some Crafting Thoughts

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by pjt15253, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjt15253

pjt15253 Avatar

Warning: this may come across as a bit ranty - that's not intended. Just typing out my thoughts.

First off - I love how involved crafting is. Looks about as advertised - everything can and will need to be crafted by players. The one criticism I have is it feels... clumsy. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but creating 1 iron bar at a time involves a lot of clicking and dragging. Why not allow queuing of stackable components? I love that you need to craft each step along the way: the iron ore into bars, then the bars into blank plates, then the blank plates into plates, then the leather into straps, then put it all together to make a breastplate. That's awesome. I just would've expected to be able to bulk craft stackable items. Or, if the one at a time thing is necessary, maybe be able to drag all the resources to craft something x times onto the table, and be able to repeatedly click craft. With blacksmithing it's not as big of a deal - but with smelting it gets very noticeable very quickly.

2. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

I found that to be a little annoying as well. It would be nice if we could bulk craft some amount of the pieces, or at least if we could click/drag our full inventory stacks and craft one at a time, leaving the remainder of the stacks for the next craft, instead of needing to drag the exact amount each time. Just gets rough on the mousing hand after a bit. :) Otherwise, it is very fun. I like having to make everything from the ground up.

3. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

I definitely agree we should be able to make more then one thing at a time when it comes to the basic stackable materials. Making one iron ingot/bar at a time gets old and very tiresome very fast. They could still make it so that you have to make everything else one at a time. So you couldn't just put a bunch of materials on the crafting station for instance and make 5 breastplates or 5 swords at once.

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Wait until they fix it, at one time you could open your recipe book and dbl click any known recipe and all that's needed would be placed on the table for you (if you were short, the ingredient would grey), all you would need do if press the craft button, then the take all button (right pointing arrow next to X).

Then repeat, reduces much of the click/drag. But things seem to be broken at this moment, so hang in there, we're with you...

NRaas and Kaisa like this.
  5. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

Nice. That will help a lot! I don't need an easy button, just a slightly less ouchy hands button.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

In addition, you could simply dbl click the recipe and it would "take all" after making something, then load the next ingredients, so all you were doing was dbl clicking the recipe, then clicking craft, as many times as you wanted in a row to make multiples. And on the last one then take all to go to the next item.

If you turn the sensitivity of your mouse up full under "options", then the process is very short/quick. Also helps with the camera panning around w/right mouse button and moving using the mouse.

Hope this helps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.