Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some honest feedback on R42 after two weeks of playing...

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Cage Storm, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

I always play on the "Beautiful" setting and the game certainly lives up to that description, it is a beautiful looking game, the world builders have done a great job. I set out to visit all the scenes each release and at least have a cursory look around ( some are still too difficult for my level 50 character which is where the cursory comes in ) but generally I like to spend time in each scene taking in all the details. Some of the player owned towns are looking superbly well decorated already even though we are still in testing, so well done to the community for that.

I am enjoying the tweaks to the combat system especially the "Heat" system, that's a great addition and allows me to "machine gun" an attack glyph which is speeding up my kills, I've always been a huge fan of the deck system and heat just makes my fixed decks even better.

Decay worries me, I've been producing my own metrics each day and I've noticed that my pooled adventure experience is being eaten away while I'm not online, I understand why we need a system like decay but it's a bit worrying when one spends so much time gaining skills and I wonder how big my pool will need to be to cover the loss when I take two weeks vacation.

My cloak is still annoying me as it clips through my body all the time, still, hopefully that is getting to the top of things you need to fix sooner rather than later, it is something you either carry in your inventory or look at all the time you play if you are wearing it.

Overall another good release with some seriously good content, so thanks very much for all your hard work.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

xp is LOST while you arent online?? ive never seen this

3. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

If anyone can give a 100% Dev backed answer on the experience lost while off line or not that would be very helpful.

I haven't had time to play in some time and if I've been loosing experience this whole time that would destroy any chance of me picking it back up.

Cage Storm likes this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Are you sure about this? If so, you need to bug report it, as Decay is only supposed to be applied on death... You should not lose any XP while offline, ever.

Cage Storm, fonsvitae and Lord Ravnos like this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Cage Storm
    Make sure you are not getting your adventure level XP and crafting level XP mixed up. My eyes go straight to the number and if I looked at my crafting XP last I may think I have more adventure level XP than I really do.
    This may not be issue at all, but I thought it was worth noting.

And great feedback BTW, thank you for taking the time to submit it.

Cage Storm likes this.
  6. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, it's good to know that I was worrying about decay unnecessarily and I will report the issue as a bug.

7. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

This seems like an issue that I have now reported, so I'm no longer worried about it, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.