Some questions about towns. ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silverserpent, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

I saw the small video showing a character running through town and have a few questions about what is known about moving through towns.

First does the character always run or can he just walk?
    Would the character be able to enter buildings e.g. shops, warehouses, etc.
    Will we be able to speak to NPC's we see on the street?
    Where are all the people? The town seems empty?

SilverSerpent

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I hope walk is the default and running is limited based on your endurance. I hate seeing people run everywhere. Even just a faster walk is better than all the running.

I assume you will be able to go into, talk to and use almost anything. They have stated they want it to be used if it looks like it can be used. I imagine house owners would be able to lock their houses, but without the ability to loose items there does not seem to be reason too.

I am sure everything seems empty because its an early build.

3. Baron_Peregrine

Baron_Peregrine Avatar

Yeah, I'm sure town, and especially cities will have a lot of people walking -- or running :( -- around at the same time thus giving it that alive, crowded feel.

4. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

*pops in* It's a prototype... of course there will be more people, both PCs and NPCs. *pops out*

5. BorgKitten

BorgKitten Avatar

@silverserpent You should really try & watch the videos posted on the website & read the post from Richard Garriott & the team. There is a ton of available info out there that would have answered your questions. The game is in its very early stage of development. The graphics that you are viewing are placeholders for what will really be used in game. This has been stated before.

6. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

I asked several questions about towns and the answers I get is focussing only on the people in town. The game is pre-alpha I get it. I said it with a bit of sarcasm.

The town looks good. A lot to see.

If running is just one movement mode, that's good! I would like to have the character walk as well and enjoy the sights.

Regarding the buildings, besides houses will we be able to enter stores and other establishments. BorgKitten I have seen all the videos and interviews I can find and I think it was mentioned in the housing video that a vendor could stand outside your house to sell goods on your behalf. So, does anyone know if this will be the case with say, a blacksmith, where he is outside his shop or would I be able to hear him working in his shop and I could enter the shop.

SilverSerpent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.