1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Somethin' to speed up crafting

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Apr 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I did spend some time last week making inventory. Spread it out over a few evenings. Kept track, up to about sixteen hours or so. Still need to do the master pots and gems, but I'm low on bone powder, so I stopped. Tried to find some for sale, but no luck. If I get some time this weekend I might pop in and slay dragons or cows or something.

FBohler and Adam Crow like this.
  2. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

SotA needs to significantly reduce the time it takes to refine materials for crafting. In regard to crafting speed, SotA should copy New World. For instance, compare the time it takes to make 1,000 iron ingots in SotA vs New World. In New World, the time sink is in the gathering. Once you have the materials (like iron ore), refining them at the crafting stations is almost instantaneous. So players can spend their time out interacting with the game world, instead of staring at crafting progress bars.

----------

FBohler likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Creating a chain mail hauberk could take a smith a full season depending on quality and number of overlap that would raise the number of rings needed to be connected to each other. Some tasks were even impossible for a single blacksmith (e.g. working something while someone else was needed to fuel the furnace and tread the bellows to keep the temperature at the needed level). Nothing in the game needs as much time to make or is as difficult as it would have been in real life.

It was a time before the industrial revolution and thus before mass production. Making it possible to create ever more and ever faster for a small market only means that the produced goods will saturate the market and lose individual value.

Lained likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.