Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Songs folder moved.

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by scroda, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

edit: this post refers to Windows specifically in some places.

Hello I'd just like to share my opinions on the movement of the songs folder, don't get mad.

%USER%/AppData/Roaming/Portalarium/"Shroud of the Avatar"/"Sheet Music"/

Firstly, it has been moved into a hidden user directory, where the user is not supposed to be manipulating anything, a place where just the OS and programs are supposed to manipulate.

I wouldn't enjoy it being inside the "My Documents" folder either, though that is technically the proper place I suppose.

As this is a multi-platform game, it's my opinion that it would be easier to NOT have any operating system specific stuff going on in regards to user interaction.

The last sentence isn't super important to me. Perhaps we could have an option in-game for where the client looks for music files? That would be awesome.

Also one last opinion about the directory which is used for importing music into sheet music. My songs directory is large with many things. Therefore I think that either the "Sheet Music" folder should be separate from the general songs folder as before, or the in-game interface that is used to select which song to put into sheet music should have the ability to traverse directories. I like the latter option better.

done for now thank you

Sincerely yours,

The Wandering Bard
    scroda

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Acred, Gravidy, Manerd and 2 others like this.
  2. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

If we could choose the directory ourselves,under the Options settings, that would be great. That would allow us to organize our music into folders. Put tavern music in one, wedding music in another and so on. Then just change it under Options to access the music.

Acred, Gravidy and scroda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.