Soooo... when is archery going to be nerfed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hawkwind_AtlanticUO, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Douse and Shield of Ice still work great. Everytime my screen flashes from low health I notice they have dropped off.

2. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have noticed that Spinok likes Multishot and he is stalking about doing AOE damage.

3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

When do people stop with looking at the very high end toons with billions of exp and levels and claim "It is broken, fix it"

I know exactly 2 archers personally who can do anything Rise solo and booth played since persistence, and they play pretty hard.

Offcourse i expect them to be godly.

And Tanks can do the rise effective too, just not so much in "tanky mode" you have to adapt, the archer does not just waltz in there an pwns the room, he sets things up in his favour or looses. (there is a lot of magic use involved or you fail, bow and arrow is the visible part fooling you into believing archers are teh hotshit)

Rentier, Synergy Blaize and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, that makes two of us because I like Multishot too.

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I just never could use it effectively and I have never hit a target 3 times with it.

6. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

The point I was trying to illustrate is his ability to do this has given him the edge when grinding levels/acquiring EXP. Where is my room that I can benefit to this degree from my own build solo? I was not talking about when we level together but more or less showing "hey, he can sit in this room solo and aquire a ton of EXP which is not viable for me to do" again, where is my room where the strengths of my build can be used in the same exact way he is using the strengths of his with equal or greater reward. I will make it easier for you, there isn't one. The original author of the thread I believe was trying to highlight this disparity as well, maybe crying NERFFFF wasn't the best way to do this.. but I think this is the real issue here - there should be content which rewards all playstyles in equal fashion. If my brother is able to aquire hundreds of thousands of EXP easily because of this spot and his chosen skill set then should I also not have a spot for my chosen skill set? Is not the idea that some skill sets don't have something that others do the very reason that we could cry imbalance?

Again, if you see the above this is my playstyle and it's more a question of "okay where is my strength? Where is the reward for my playstyle similar to his reward?". You can't look at what I play and tell me "well that's not a fair comparison because archery is better than s&b, you should play something that is almost as good as his build like dual weild". Again, I think you are missing the point of what I had said, I am not trying to imply that Archery needs a nerf I am simply trying to highlight that them having such a clear cut advantage is not really a good balance to the other builds in the game.

Magic resistances are broken, they aren't mitigating damage properly because they aren't being taken into consideration at all when coming from specific sources. As it stands right now, the ability to quickly burn down a mage is the only effective counter to this issue. The two monsters I have the most trouble with in the game are archers and mages, archers because of the recent changes to damage mitigation and mages because of the aforementioned broken magical resistances. The only counter that I can come up with is Stun/Knockdown/Deflects that are properly timed to their attack charge sequences and even then the timing window can be tight or your stun can completely fail you which results in you eating a ton of damage - this coupled with melee engaging multiple targets while archers get to pick and choose from safety creates a disadvantage. If I am missing a counter please let me know.

Are you talking about the room with the hardened elves? I can clear that room but it's not giving me 100's of thousands of EXP and rare loot like his room is, not even close. "each spec has their strength and weaknesses" is great and very very true but there needs to be content of equal reward catered to each spec otherwise you are going to have people crying foul. Each spec has their reward would be a better mantra, I guess allot of us are just looking for the reward of our spec compared to archery.

7. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I guess you never heard of the Monkey Room and again, there are tons of melee builds that clear out the Mage room with out an issue.

Montaigne likes this.
  8. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

What is the monkey room? Is it a good spot for sword/board? Am I going to make 100's of thousands of EXP and yellow/blue pouches/artifacts solo?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't see resistance from any source doing anything.

10. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I Feel exactly the same but I have not had clarification on this.. but yeah I feel you.

11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I don't know about sword and board but when I was farming there I saw melee builds there all the time. The XP there is way better then The Rise. I was getting about 400k+ more an hour there.

I do, maybe I will through up a video testing it. I also use a lot of Dodge.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Dodge, yes, but even that seems greatly nerfed lately.

Hornpipe likes this.
  13. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I don't mean to go off-topic, but my brothers and I just started Krul. It's tough for us, but we live...most of the time.

But apparently we haven't found this "monkey room" yet. Any tips on where to find it and what AL a three man group should tackle it with? TIA!

14. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

[​IMG]

15. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Outstanding. Thanks!

16. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I mean multishot, my archer tactics in mage room was agro whole room of mages, go into the corridor - cast ring of fire, they begin to telepeort to you and buff, and i mix stacked multishot it deals huge damage when there is 10+ targets in small room and chain lighting to stun then. Since there is huge damage if they all will shot the single time and i will die, I actively use cover - this force them to move(again then they move or cast they dont damage). I think I`m able to made this trick even with 90 level archer.

Elrond and Barugon like this.
  17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You should not be punished because of your playstyle. A game with such a freedom of choice can't just be handled just like everyone need to use the same skills or the freedom would be totally useless.

So, when, obviously, the problem comes from magic spells and resistance, you chose to ask a nerf on the bow ? Come on.

I did the Monkey Room with my bow for quite some time. It took me something like 3~4 minutes to clean the room when some mages are able to do it in within 1 minute using corpse explosion. And even AFTER @Chris added a lot of death resistance on the Monkeys, some mages were, again, able to deal things like that :

[2/28/2018 1:37:23 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 406 points of critical damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:23 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 474 points of critical damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:23 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 203 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:23 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 406 points of critical damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:23 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 474 points of critical damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:23 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 203 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    Or this :
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 119 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 115 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 31 points of partially resisted damage due to magic resistance from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 119 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 115 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] *** Monkey Gold has been slain by ***'s Corpse Explosion!
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 31 points of partially resisted damage due to magic resistance from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:24 PM] Shock Monkey Gold attacks *** and hits, dealing 15 points of damage.
    Or this :
    [2/28/2018 1:37:25 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 119 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:25 PM] Shock Monkey Gold has been slain by ***'s Corpse Explosion!
    [2/28/2018 1:37:25 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 130 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.
    [2/28/2018 1:37:25 PM] *** attacks Shock Monkey Gold and hits, dealing 130 points of damage from Corpse Explosion.

Yes, if you read it correctly 4568 damages in 1 second with critical hits. Without the critical hits, it would be around 1500~2000 damages in 1 second. You can even notice a pattern in the damage (the same figures reproduced for each target). Of course, my comrade is a very skilled high mage, so I'm ok with him being efficient. It's not the numbers themselves that bother me. But the fact that I (and many other builds in this game) will NEVER be able to deal such damages in 1 second, even with the level 200 in every single skill out of the magic trees. I would have to try the subterfuge sneak attack maybe, but I would get such damages with 1 critical hit on 1 target, so it would be totally useless for grinding (1 attack, withdraw, stealth, 1 attack... praying to get critical hits every time. It's a lost bet). I could try flurry with light armor in order to spam a high damage skill three times in a second, but I don't have a single skill which would deal 300~500 damages for each use as non critical damages.

Then, I regret to say that : magic seems broken at the moment. I have plenty of other exemples where the magic spells are OP both for PvE and PvP. One of them is that you need Torpid Torment, a magic spell, to counter efficiently the higher experienced mages. And moreover, you need to train magic spells to be really magic resistant (even the potions have been nerfed). I could even show the result of a parser friends shared with me, which shows that AOE spells have dealt 2 100 000 damages out of a total of 3 000 000 when hard trying a control point (and that doesn't count the other spells like chain lightning). Then, nobody has to wonder why most (like 90~95% maybe) of the pvp leaderboard are mages or hybrid mages. They train faster. And they are more efficient in pretty much every situation. For exemple, I recently noticed that some lower level air mages deals as much damages for each target of their chain lightning (charged) as I do for 1 target with my aim shot (charged) with a relatively higher level (and I've tested that on me, when my air attunment is around 100 with a well grounded skill around 100 as well and when I should not have to focus on that tree as a whole, just as a reminder). Do I need to remember everyone here that chain lightning stun when aim shot does not ? The devs do a pretty good job trying to balance everything, but we are not near the end of the path here.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Cordelayne and jmcclain like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I did a bunch of testing tonight and it seems that with the Douse bonus, I take less damage. However, using full sorcery warding gemmed/jeweled equipment (+90 fire resist), I actually take a little more damage than without. I assume that the resist bonus isn't working at all and that the extra damage was probably due to the decrease in fire attunement.

19. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I use a death/fire build when I do the monkey room. I tried range but it was way too slow. I have a ranged/corpse explosion video but that was too slow as well. With Death skills in the 80s and two +25 attunement wands, I was able to clear the monkeys way faster.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Barugon and Hornpipe like this.
  20. Xkillerz

Xkillerz Avatar

I have been playing for a full week now. While archer might be beginner friendly to avoid damage I don't think its overpowered there are a lot of builds possible that make it better in farming other locations or combo builds. I have seen fire mages and fire dual wield and death mace combo. Each of them clear groups of mobs in close range quicker then an archer would. But mastering a skill deeply should also be allowed to make you strong in the specialty.

Barugon, Diab Blackbow and Hornpipe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.