SOTA crashes unknown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chastain, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

I think I got the SOTA crash test version. I had my PC custom-built around games like SOTA, WOW and Neverwinter and it plays all but SOTA flawlessly in HD. I would not even know where to start by asking about why it crashes as it happens almost every 5 minutes or so of play. I guess my first place to start would be graphics. I use dual EVGA GXT 600 TI boost in SLI mode. Does the game even support SLI? I have run into that problem with DDO and LOTRO but I don't want to disable it if I don't have to. I also run both my OS and games off of SSD's so there is not real bottleneck as far as storage goes. Where else would I even begin to inspect? Also, does the game have a file check system instead of reinstalling all the time?

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

please enter : /bug in de ingame chat and paste your specs here on the forum please.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

The patch from Thursday/Friday is very crashy for me too. No pattern yet but it's crashed more for me in this version that the last year combined.

4. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

07/16/2019 10:06
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16328
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST GPU RAM: 1936
    SotA.Win.64.1011.Date.07.15.19
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge
    Loc: (-205.6, 85.5, 119.0)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlX1N0YXJ0ZXJ8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgtMjA1LjYyMywgODUuNDY4LCAxMTguOTU2KXwoMCwgMC45MzEsIDAsIDAuMzY1KXwxMzcuMTc3OXwxMHw0LjA3OTAwNg==

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's like....7 years old? SLI or not, you should upgrade.
    Minimum spec is NVIDIA 960.

That aside and to answer your question: To my knowlegde SotA doesn't support SLI. So maybe try disabling it.

Montaigne, Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

They may be older cards but they are MORE than capable of running the game. As I said I run many other games flawlessly in full HD. I will, however, try turning off SLI. I will be honest I am convinced at this point this is not graphically-related.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Fair enough.

8. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

If they don't meet the minimum spec, you are going to have a hard time. SoTa is not well-optimized like WoW and Neverwinter and you *may* be able to run it on the lowest setting (fastest) but I wouldn't expect good performance. Prior to upgrading a couple of years ago, I was running two GTX 780's in SLI and I was forced to upgrade to be able to play.

That being said, your crashing issue may not be related to graphics (some releases are crash-ier than others). Unity has lots of issues.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Chastain
    First off when it crashes does it lock up or give you an error code. After that have you opened all the ports the game needs to run and have you run a ping test to see if your network is dropping packets?

Ports needed from the FAQ
    Besides the system specification to run the game, the following firewall ports must be open for the Launcher and Game Client to run properly. (I can help you with these if you need it)

Launcher:
    TCP 5074
    UDP 3544
    UDP 6881

Game Service:
    UDP 5054
    UDP 5055
    UDP 5056
    UDP 5057
    UDP 5058
    UDP 5059

To run a ping test (sorry not sure of you knowledge, no slight intended) go to the search box and type cmd. when it comes up type ping /t. It will do a continuous ping until you press CTL-C. What you are looking for are the ping times (usually less that 20-30ms and more importantly if it does not get a reply and there is no ping time. No Ping time means you are loosing connection. Some times a sinfle one or two together is not enough of a problem sometimes it is. Let me know if I can help in any way.

10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@Chastain I hate to pile on, but the above statement is 100% on point. The game has absolutely TERRIBLE optimization and without a decent graphics card you will run into some trouble. I don't disagree that your setup should be able to run SotA well, but unfortunately it just won't. Hopefully turning off the SLI will get better results but I think they will be marginal at best.

Do you have Shroud loaded on an SSD drive? That also helps a bunch.

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Chastain

Chastain Avatar

Ok well, I have just proven my point. I turned off SLI and have not crashed in 2 hours. I turned up the graphics to best and set all the parameters to farthest. The game is running as smooth as silk. Not a single hitch. I would not have guessed SLI was the problem but at least I can give that bit of advice to anyone running it and crashes. Thanks for all the suggestions.

12. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Awesome! Glad that worked for you. However, keep in mind while it may run on best pretty smooth in some of the starting zones, once you start heading into some of the more deco-heavy player owned towns, you may run into some issues.

Good luck and welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.