Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SOTA has no sound.

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by Bo549, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo549

Bo549 Avatar

Hello :D
    For the last few weeks my game has had no sound at all. I have looked on the internet and in the forums for a fix but so far i have found nothing that would help. I found a post by some one named Liz and it stated to go into C.P. > Hardware and sound > Sound > Default audio device Properties > Advanced tab > Un-check "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

[​IMG]

However this does not work either. So now i am left with no options.
    I have already tried a fresh install of the game. If any one has any information or suggestions please... Help! lol

1. Title: Sota has no sound
    2. Reproduction Rate: I don't know what this is.
    3. Blocker?: I don't have one to my knowledge
    4. Details: Listed above
    5. Steps to Reproduce: It all started when i wanted to use my Bluetooth headset. After i disconnected the device (that worked properly) i had no sound. I even turned Bluetooth off entirely and set my default sound device back to my speakers.
    6. User Specs: I am running a MSI PE70 - 6QE Prestige Gaming Laptop.
      [​IMG]
      Advanced specs can be found online for this device.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Antrax Artek likes this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

There is an issue with Windows10 Build 1903 and 1909 whereas sound can mysteriously stop on one or more applications. The examples I have seen usually occur when a headset is swapped (or the battery dies) and Windows is suppose to change to another source for default. For me personally, this has effected Discord, TeamSpeak, SotA, and Voice Meeter.

This thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...9-update/bd5d855a-9b2f-4695-b39b-1ce0dfd13562 has a few good solution variants that have been successful. TLDR: uninstall your audio hardware, restart, check after dflt driver install, if still bad install the (newest) specific driver from the manufacturer (MSI).

I have had the issue occur a number of times (also MSI) and have been able to recover by restarting my Voice Meeter audio engine or swapping manually between devices many times in some apps.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.